Thread: Is it worth buying the PCI-X video card

Is it worth buying the PCI-X video card

I had an onboard normal graphic card, which stopped working since last Thursday. I need to download or even upload high definition pictures every day, and this was one of the reasons that my graphic card just blew off. When the hardware personnel came for a visit he told me that even if you deal with HD images you should switch off the PC after every two hours if in case your PC is not placed in a cool place. So he suggested me to go for a PCI X video card, so I just want to know what is this PCI X video card and do you have any recommendations, and I would like to know how did my work affect the video card.

Re: Is it worth buying the PCI-X video card

A graphic card is a hardware which is used to render the images which are displayed on the computer screen. I assume you are the one from those users who are not aware of what is inside your computers. OK first of all a few motherboards consists of a PCI-X slot. The X in PCI-X stands for “extended” and is the extended standard of PCI. The 64-bit PCI-X bus slot has got a maximum speed of three Gbps. Most PCI-X cards are backwards attuned with PCI bus slots, this ensures that you will be able to put a PCI-X card in the PCI slot.

You must always remember to add a graphic card in case you want to play all those high configuration machines, or in your case if you frequently download or upload images. The nVidia Quadro was offered on the online buying sites, and I don’t think that this is a PCI-X card. As far as I know you don’t require a PCI-X video card. In fact you can go for any PCI video card as the slot is backwards attuned.

A video card is also referred as a graphics card, graphics accelerator card or even a display adapter which is an expansion card in the computer responsible for processing the data from the CPU and turn it into information understandable and representable in an output device such as a monitor or TV. On the market there are some graphic cards which can provide additional functionality such as the video capture, TV tuning, decoding MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 connectors or firewire, the mouse, stylus or joystick . In such case you can try the nVidia graphics card which is very popular now a days.