Thread: What should be the idle stock cooler and load temp for Intel i7-2600k

What should be the idle stock cooler and load temp for Intel i7-2600k

Hello each and everyone who is been this forum for a long time, this is certainly going to be the first thread that I am posting on this forum and I would expect that I get good responses from all you people. I have just brought this new Intel i7-2600k and since I am very much casual about the temperature about the cpu so I my self tested out with the cpu case just to find out what is the exact temperature that it is reading and I have found that it was showing up some 65 degree C but when I read the Tcase just to look for the exact ratings that the CPU can hold, so I come to know that it was almost near about 68 degree C. So now I am afraid that since it is just w to 3 degree C difference between the maximum and the current temperature, so is that there could be a problem of getting my board damage due to the heat.

Re: What should be the idle stock cooler and load temp for Intel i7-2600k

Well friend I don’t know about the Intel i7-2600k processor of yours but I am using a different AMD processor of the Intel’s and here when I checked out the temperature that I am getting for the processor I found that it was just 40 degree C. Now I don’t know whether the Intel i7-2600k consumes too much of power or it requires too much of a power so as to get all the components to work properly, but what I think is that this temperature is a bit higher and that it should not go any where around that maximum temperature mark. So I think that you will surely get the cpu damage if it gets more higher.

Hey dear friend I would want to know that are you over clocking your processor in order to yield more performance from the same, if this is the case and you are surely over clocking it then the temperature of your cpu will surely get to rise to an extent around the maximum point that has been desired. So if you are over clocking the cpu then it is quite natural to have this kind of rise in temperature and you should not worry about any kind of damage to the components.

Guys neither I have over clocked the processor nor I have any kind of components attach on my motherboard that consumes too much of the power through which I can say that the temperature of the cpu is getting raised. Even if I keep my system start for even a hour or so I find that the side portion of the CPU getting heated up quickly. Also if I don’t run any application neither I perform any kind of function with the system then also I find that most of the time my cpu gets hot and the temperature is just at the boarder of the maximum count that is given to the temperature, so can some help me to know that what is the problem and how can I

Check out the stock cooler that you have been using inside your system is not giving the ample amount of air that is needed to keep the temperature of the system low as possible. I think you will have to open the cpu case and then check whether all the fans that are there inside the cpu are working properly and without any stoppage. If you find that there is a problem with the cooler and that it is not working perfectly then I would suggest that you will have to use Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus cooler as it has come to my notice that this is ultimately the best cooler with the Idle temperature in Windows x64 = 30-32C and Game/load temp = 45-60C, so I think that this cooler will certainly help you in getting the temperature of the cpu as low as possible.

I am having the same Intel i7-2600k processor on my cpu and after having seen your query on this thread I eventually took the readings of my CPU to see what does my processor comes up with. To be honest I have never ever thought anything that has been related to the temperature readings, but I would want to tell that when I checked the same for my system and I have come to know that the temperature was in the range of 40 degree C even if I keep the cpu on for along time and so I think that there could be a problem of the processor that you are currently having and you must replace it as early as possible,

Thank you all guys I have checked for the cooler that is there located in my system and I have come to know that the coolers were the one that were not perfect and that is why I was getting such a rise in the temperature even if I do not perform any task with the system, I have now got the cooler replaced with the new one and I have come to know that the temperature had again came to normal and I was getting even more performance as compared to what I was getting earlier, So once again thank you all of you and I would certainly be back if I have any other problem.