Thread: How to control fan speeds on Intel S5520SC mainboard?

How to control fan speeds on Intel S5520SC mainboard?

I presently comprise an Intel S5520SC by means of the newest BIOS as well as "Intel System Management Software" installed inside a SC5650WS case. Below are the specifications:
    • BIOS Version: S5500.86B.01.00.0037.050520091553
    • Intel(R) Server Management Agent 3.5
    • Intel(R) Active System Console 3.5

Within the BIOS underneath "System Acoustics and Performance Configuration" I comprise the below settings:
    • Set Throttling Mode [Auto]
    • Set Fan Profile [Acoustic]
    • Altitude [301m - 900m]

The fan spins on complete speed every the time in spite of of the system temperature. I have am not able to locate a method to control the fan speeds. Can you please give me some suggestion that can help me.

Re: How to control fan speeds on Intel S5520SC mainboard?

There may be many possible reasons for this issue that the fan is spinning at the full speed. I am listing some of the possible reasons for this and you can check for that and see if any of them is applicable in your case. So here are the possible reasons for that.
    • Incorrect system fans are associated on the board.
    • Mismatched chassis as well as wrongly configured SDR.
    • Compatible chassis by means of a incorrectly configured SDR
    • Bios Settings incorrectly configured

If the BIOS that are installed in your computer is corrupted then also it may affect the speed of the fan. So you should try to update the BIOS in your computer and see if that is able to help you or not. Other than this, you can also try to update the firmware in your computer. This is also one of the possible solution for this. So just try to do these two things and see if that are able to solve the issue for you. I am quite sure that this will help you to get out of the issue.

You can go to the BIOS settings and see if there is any option that can help you. I am not very accurate about the exact setting but I know that there is some setting by which you can adjust the rpm speed of the Fan according to yur need. But don’t just make that too low because if that is made very low then lso it will affect your computer in negative way. So you can alter the speed to some little number and see if that can solve the problem for you.

There are many software available on internet that can help you to solve the problem. Just search for them on internet and download that to your computer. Install that and this will help you to alter the fan speed in your computer. Before installing any of such software, you should see for the instruction of the software and then you will get the complete idea that how can you use that software. I hope that you will get the one for you easily.

I would like to tell you one thing that can help you to solve the problem for you. What you can do is just reduce the voltage in your computer. You will have to do a little bit of wiring. In the place of running 12V, you can run the 7V and this will slow down the speed of the fan. There are also some fan controllers that you can buy and use. This can solve the issue for you.