Thread: Intel Rapid Storage Technology service does not run on startup

Intel Rapid Storage Technology service does not run on startup

Hi, I am having an issue with the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. I have the newest edition that came out on 12/15/2010.The issue is the driver is crashing "IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe" is crashing inside "IAStorDataMgr.dll", when I make any type of effort to debug it , and during that it states somewhat about a missing file.I have got Windows 7 Ultimate x64.I believe it may have been caused when I used "add/remove Windows features" and removed a few things. But this is the only thing that began crashing on startup and nothing else odd happens while start up, so perhaps it is a bug with this program?

Re: Intel Rapid Storage Technology service does not run on startup

I also have this issue with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I was really pissed off and then I called d Intel support and they informed me this issue happens if you have a Pioneer Sata DVD/CDROM and is being investigated. I was a suggested to revert back to edition 9.6 untill intel lauch there next driver with a resolve for this issue. I am not aware if you have one of these DVD/CDROM drives but I just thought it may assist you at some extent .

You are actually talking regarding something called Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST). It is a comparatively recent (late 2009 / early 2010) descendant to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager (IMSM) technology. It was brought in conjunction with the first appearance of Windows 7.Both permit you to configure your computer to make use of hardware-based RAID (provided you have a supported Intel chipset). As you said that you are not able to run the RST , I will ask you to uninstall and then install it again

RajBansi_WADIA Guest

With Intel's implementation of RAID there is a device driver that gets loaded at system startup and you will be able to see that there is a management tool (with a graphical user interface) that you can carry up (once Windows is running) to view the status of your storage volumes, you can make some modifications settings, and deal with issues). The icon you point to is placed in the notification area by the management tool to point to the health status of your storage volumes. Usually it would display a picture of a disk drive with a green checkmark ("Status OK") but it will display other things to point to if there's a issue or if it's doing something like rebuilding a volume.

Anyway, I have encountered the same icon/message on my system (Windows 7 x64 with Intel RST 9.6 installed). On my system it shows up for about 1-2 minutes immediately after Windows starts up and I log in. It eventually changes to the "OK" (green checkmark).On my computer I think it's just a timing issue with the large quantity of services that startup when Windows itself starts up. I am content that things are satisfactory for me. My problem only began after I upgraded from Intel RST 9.5 to Intel RST 9.6.I would suggest that you verify whether it stays there indefinitely on your computer or if it's just provisional (as I've explained for my system).