Thread: System Boot Slow after GA-M57SLI- S4 install

System Boot Slow after GA-M57SLI- S4 install

I am having a trouble since I setup an ASUS EAH5770 CuCore/2DI/1GD5 Graphics adapter 1 GB SDRAM. On establish there is a clicking noise, three clicks in a sequence of about 8 to 9 times. The VGA fan as well increases and slows down until finally the system boots up. The computer after that runs faultlessly well. I realize that it is possible to have new BIOS that can conquer this trouble? I have flashed the board with the most recent FHL BIOS but this has had no influence on the trouble. The delay in boot up is substantial, about 40 seconds or so and I am hesitant if this trouble could cause any harm. I am presumptuous it is something to do with the Nvidia chipset? I ran two 8800 GT's SLI earlier devoid of any troubles but required to exchange to ATI because of Nvidia driver troubles I'd had running certain games with the 8800 GT's. The novel graphics card appears a great upgrading as long as I can defeat this Boot trouble. I have made contact with Gigabyte Technical Service but as up till now the message have not been read. Can anybody shed any light on this trouble, even if it is an older MB?

Re: System Boot Slow after GA-M57SLI- S4 install

The primary thing to do is make certain that you are utilizing the extremely recent BIOS update for the motherboard and the most recent drivers and so on for the graphics card. To be fair Asus are not the finest for graphics but that should not make dissimilarity as to them functioning correctly. I have not heard of this clicking sound earlier but could it be something to do with your old Nvidia drivers or have you detached them completely?

Another area to seem at would be the power supply. I have found this earlier and the trouble was the Graphics card not getting sufficient power at start-up. If probable, check your PSU is working correctly. If you have not got the cog to test it could you attempt a dissimilar PSU? If your PSU is okay then a minor increase or decrease to the PCIE Clock might assist. This is set to 100 MHz by default and bit testing between 100 - 110 MHz might cure the trouble. As well a minor increase in voltage to the Northbridge can occasionally assist.

I have obtained the most recent MB BIOS and as well the most recent Nvidia chipset drivers for the Motherboard. I did eliminate all Nvidia VGA Drivers earlier installing the ATI VGA Drivers. The power supply contracted with two 8800 GT's SLI so would not sense the solitary ATI card would be ravenous of power someway? I have not got one more PSU to attempt at present though. I have heard others running the similar card with a 450 W supply so that once more makes me think the Antec 550 should be powerful sufficient. I did attempt turning the PCIE Clock up to 110 but this made no dissimilarity. As for a slim raise in voltage to the Northbridge, I am not certain what the usual voltage is so I am shying away from changing it.

I don't know the voltages on your Motherboard, all I can recommend would be to observe, while you are in BIOS, if it shows you the default voltage while you attempt to alter from the standard setting. You are at present running the most recent BIOS version for your Motherboard. The just hope if finding out if a most recent version is in the pipeline will be to stay and hear from your request made to Gigabyte Technical Service, just so you know; these do get a few times to be responded. It does not assist but it is sometimes good to know that you are not waiting in ineffective.

Hi, did you got you're answer from Gigabyte Techs?
    I have same problem and its not first time, a lot of Gig motherboards have problems with certain Ati cards.

The very first thing that you need to check is the BIOS update. Make sure that you are having the latest BIOS. Other than this, you should check if the PSU is working fine. A slight increase or decrease to PCIE Clock may help you. By default that is set to 100 Mhz. But you can try to change that between 95 - 105 Mhz and see if that can cure the problem.