Thread: Wrong version for Graphics Driver reported by Intel Driver Update Utility

Wrong version for Graphics Driver reported by Intel Driver Update Utility

I have recently ran the update utility on my DG45FC. It shows me following result for my Graphics Driver:

Product Detected Intel® G43/G45
    Current Driver Installed 5.01.2600.5512
    Newer Driver Available: 14.42.0.5237 (6.14.10.5237)
    File Size: 20.915 MB

I ran the update, restarted and it comes up the similar way. I test Device Manager and even a few other system info tools I have and they all report the new edition, yet the update utility still notices the earlier edition.For what reason the update utility not reporting the similar edition as Windows? Is there some switch that ought to be run on the install such with the chipset drivers to make it description correctly?

Re: Wrong version for Graphics Driver reported by Intel Driver Update Utility

Your version of drivers is the build string of the Operating system you at present have installed, in this case Windows 7. If the drivers from the ASUS website are showing that that they are the newest then you don't require to update and can pay no attention to what error is telling you. The only things that will finally obtain updates are the Video, Sound, Mouse/Keyboard (probably), and of course any new devices that you buy and install at a sooner date.

I had faced similar sort of issue I tried to download from the intel support I acquired the latest one already (it installed after all?) but I still cannot observe newer edition in device manager or Drivemax.. so if 6.1.7600.16385 is a few kind of default driver and 9.1.1.1022 is newer I be supposed to just ignore them? And what regarding those that got a little random "newer" edition like 6.7.0.3? Should I upgrade them?

Well I had faced a issue which was almost similar to that of yours , although it was not completely , but I can still say that it is somewhat similar to mine , therefore in this case I will ask you to remove all the video or the graphic card’s drivers , and after that I will ask you to shut down your system and then boot into safe mode , then in the safe mode I will ask you to run the utility named as driver cleaner in order to get rid of this issue , it will without any issue get resolved .