Thread: There is a kind of squeaking noise on Intel dg45id

There is a kind of squeaking noise on Intel dg45id

To everybody who has the high pitched sound coming out of the dg45fc at the same time as the system is idling to bring up to date to the most recent video card drivers commencing from the Intel website! This fixed my predicament, and the system is nice and quiet. I consideration I was working the most recent BIOS as it merely seems similar to the recent past when I updated it other than would not you be familiar with it, the BIOS was merely version or description 0111 and 0113 the most recent as of writing this came out a fortnight or so later. I have comprised updated to 0113 so I determine to give it a test out in excess of the subsequently few days to observe if with the intention of does indeed silence things.

Re: There is a kind of squeaking noise on Intel dg45id

I be able to confirm with the intention of my Intel DG45ID does have comprised the high pitched squeal frequently when the CPU is idling. It seems to be commencing from moreover one of the crystals or one of the chokes on the board. It merely does this commencing from time to time other than when it does, it's extremely annoying. The entire this talk regarding the necessitate for certified memory is receiving away commencing from the point with the intention of as long as the memory is to spec and excavation is, it's the motherboard manufacturers accountability to come up by means of a apparatus with the intention of determine to work silently. If their suppliers do not create superior adequate quality components for their motherboards with the intention of run noiselessly, then they necessitate new suppliers.

Even though I have not had several additional high pitched squeals commencing from the motherboard with the intention of I be able to hear in excess of the fan noise, I have become aware of with the intention of the CPU fan is at present running faster, additional often so it's a dissimilar kind or irritating noise I at present have comprised to put up with. Formerly the stock E8500 fan was quiet sufficient for my HTPC requirements ticking in excess of at 1100 RPMs under presently regarding several sort of usage I might throw at it. At present it's often up approximately 2000 rpm and beyond to say I am not amused by means of this 'fix' is an understatement do several additional users of a DG45ID are familiar with of a appropriate solution.

Any updates on whether you have comprised been capable to fix the fan problem. My E1200 fan runs at 2100rpm as report in Bios and Everest eventual. It's annoying me utilize to run at 1600rpm on the asus board. When I description this 'bug' by means of the most recent bios for the DG45ID to Intel via a chat session, they said they would promote it for 'consideration' regarding several probable fix and I was told it would depend if they might rectify the responsibility in their test lab. At present I have comprised become aware of an additional bug by means of this BIOS, when the RPMs do speed up, they commencing from time to time lock at invariable high speed and when this occurs, restarting the system results in it shutting down and then a second or two afterward, restarting. It's approximating what occurred during the flashing procedure itself.

I am in addition experiencing noise commencing from the DG45ID motherboard, it is the majority conspicuous when the CPU procedure is high, particularly when Windows 7 media centre is in the Recorded TV screen and the entire the program previews are creature displayed. I have comprised tried 3 dissimilar versions or descriptions of the Windows 7 64bit video drivers by means of the similar noise, and BIOS versions 107 and 113 in addition together by means of the similar noise. I am in addition going to report this fault to Intel, let’s anticipate they sort it out almost immediately. I have comprised at present tried BIOS versions 93 and 111 by means of the similar noisy motherboard results so I am starting to imagine its not the BIOS or the Video drivers. I have in addition installed RMClock and enabled the entire Enhanced Low-Power States as outlined in the Official Intel G45 DG45FC mini-ITX HTPC Motherboard.

I raised my responsibility by means of Intel today and they acknowledged a recognized predicament and asked for the part number, they reported with the intention of convinced revisions of the DG45ID had this noisy coil responsibility. I have comprised a -305 revision motherboard and they sort of established with the intention of this revision had the responsibility, and with the intention of they would send a replacement board by means of a revision -309 or higher. So if you have comprised a noisy motherboard with the intention of sounds approximating a hard drive seeking and a high pitched squealing sound, then make sure your motherboard revision and if it's approximately call Intel for a replacement, I would essentially call Intel anyway and report the responsibility no matter what revision. I was nearly there by means of my revision -308 board other than alas my tribulations by means of the innovative BIOS are tranquil there and the recent past I arrived home and originate with the intention of shutting the PC down when it's locked in 'CPU fan high speed mode'.