Thread: I want to modify my bios logo

I want to modify my bios logo

Right now I am using HP Pavilion dv6 2020ev laptop. I want to know that does there is a way by which I can change the bios display image. I want to add some other image on that. I have a software that allows me to change the BIOS boot image. I had already did this on other systems, but for my laptop I fear to make changes. For this I am just looking for the location of the original image on my hard drive. Does anyone can figure out the path of that image. Does there is any automated software that can handle this operating.

Re: I want to modify my bios logo

Editing the bios is risky to some point, where if you do not able to do this properly then you might throw your motherboard. Do not rely on any software for this. The method to change the image of the boot screen is dangerous and can make your system entirely dead if not worked properly. A buggy or poorly installed bios will definitely make your your pc unusable. Do nothing if you are unsure. The technique to this is quite advanced and it is important to have a knowledge of application in software such as Photoshop. I will not recommend you to do this.

I remember a tool that I used long time before for modifying the boot image of bios. The name of the tool was OEM Logo. This tool directly changes the bios screen. But take care there is lot of things need to be take in account before doing the same. For this you will first need to get the most recent bios. Get the image and then just browse the image for that. You can restore your bios incase if you found any crash issue with the bios. I found that 8 bit image of 640x480 in bmp format is much more recommended and also work well on the same. It is very important to define a proper ratio for that. You will also have to define the color palette for that and that must be around 15 colors. IF you do any mistake there then your bios can malfunction.

I have some tips on that and it is recommended that you must do the same on your own risk. For this first you need to create a bitmap image of 640 x 480 size which fits the entire screen and especially in 16 colors or it will not work. Keep a bios update ready in case of any crash issue. I have a option by which you can simply get a blank screen on the boot. For that you need to add / bootlogo / noguiboot in the boot.ini file. You can make those changes via Right click on My Computer > Properties > Advance > Startup and Recovery > Edit and then edit the boot.ini file.

There is a way to change that but the same is right that it is risky. I found this much more suitable for Award bios. To find out if the bios of your motherboard meets this requirement just look at the writing under the EPA logo or use a diagnostic program like Everest Home Edition. You 'must have a file for updating the bios and flash utility to do this. Both of these tools can be downloaded from the manufacturer and model dependent on the motherboard. After verifying the foregoing, and having downloaded the necessary tools you can proceed with our guide. You must download also the tools and BiosLogo CBROM, we will use later. With this you can modify the program and get the image that you want on your bios screen.

Here is the image settings that you must have to get the image on your boot screen. That is your image width must be around 136 pixels and height must be around 126 pixels with 72 dpi. The size of the same too matters here. Convert the image to bitmap before doing any changes. There are some ready to use bios logo changer that guide you for the process. You can directly add the photo to the boot screen. In case if you find any error related to that then you can simply run your bios update and then check back. Use a valid tool for that and use the same on your own risk.