Thread: Intel 3945ABG is not able to install new driver after uninstalling XP

Intel 3945ABG is not able to install new driver after uninstalling XP

When I try to download and run install of the new driver, I receive a message telling me I am not able update the driver from my old driver but I get a message that my old driver should first manually uninstall the driver.I downloaded and saved the required driver file: ICS_x32I removed the old driver as per the suggestion at intel.com/support website and then after that Uninstall Wi-Fi adapter driver" When I then try to install the new driver and then initiate the new driver) ICS_x32, I receive the same message that I cannot install the driver but have to first uninstall the installed driver. However, at the present no driver is installed. Can anyone please help me out .

Re: Intel 3945ABG is not able to install new driver after uninstalling XP

I will ask you to go Go to Windows and in that go to ' "Add/Remove Programs". Search for "Intel Proset/Wireless software" program hen after that you can Click on "Remove" to uninstall the program that is not actually required Once uninstall is finished , that's the time you can install the newest version. Well let me explain you that it is actually trying to tell you that that the old driver must be uninstall first. I think this will definitely help you with the solution.

I too think that you need to install the driver only if there is the older version of the driver is deleted , it is been already mentioned in the above post that if the older set of drivers set are not uninstalled then it is surely going to clash or you can say that it will conflict with the older one, but you have not clearly updated about your system configuration , so I will therefore ask you to give your system specification and explain your issue in detail .

I have got with me ASUS-WF5 portable that has Windows XP with network adapter and if asked about the network connection l PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection IF I try to update driver using Intel Driver Update Utility I find the below given info:Current Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility Installed: 10.5.0.3 and Newer Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility Available: 13.3.0.0 . This edition cannot upgrade from the present older product. It asks me to uninstall the older product manually. However, as mentioned already been manually installed and it does not actually appears in the Device Manager.

There is a lot of argument as to if will be good to update or not.A plenty of support folks will state NO, if it is going fine don't update.But, are you going to refuse a microsoft update because everything is well? Companies do not launch new code for old hardware for amusement . New code is launched to fix problems The real query is how possibly are you to know-how the issue that the new code is design to resolve any I ? If you have any issue with the update. (The back end engineering will not even give a glance at an issue till the time it has been reproduced on the latest code stack)If it is going well l, you do have a risk of generating problems when new code is loaded?. (mostly it does clashes with other drivers and code)generally I would say no, if it are not broke, don't repair it.