Thread: Dead Graphics card or PCI-E Slot?

Dead Graphics card or PCI-E Slot?

Hello, Everyone. About one month ago, my PC started acting up. When I wanted to restart my computer, i'd turn it off like it should be turned off and then I try to turn it back on, but I get 4 beeps then a 10 second pause, then it repeats. Thinking it was the graphics card, I took my graphics card out and fixed the broken fan on it and started up windows via Default Monitor. I deleted the graphic card drivers properly, turned the computer off and put in the GeForce 8400 GS card in the PCI-E Slot. Now I turned it on (With the monitor still hooked up to the onboard video card) and when my computer finished loading, It said it found Video Controller (VGA Compatible). Now I thought I just needed to install the NVIDIA graphics drivers again, but when I downloaded the right drivers and attempted to install them, it gave me the error "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are commpatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." I tried re-downloading the drivers, but didn't do any good. I set the BIOS option from 'Onboard' to 'PCI-E Slot', and still nothing. I've tried taking it out and putting it in, but nope. Anyone got any tips that can help me out with this to tell if it's my graphics card or PCI-E Slot? I don't have another computer with a PCI-E Slot, so that's not an option.

Thanks,
    Elusive.

Re: Dead Graphics card or PCI-E Slot?

As you gave removed the graphic card and running with the no Video Card then computer system is detecting on-board graphic and you need to install the driver for same. Try to find out the on-board graphic driver and install the same to work with the issue. You might be having the Motherboard driver CD which you can run to install the graphic driver.