Thread: CPU overheating after upgrading to windows 7

CPU overheating after upgrading to windows 7

I recently upgraded from Vista to windows 7 Home Premium. I have never had this trouble previous to the upgrade. After a while of being on (every now and then 5 minutes, sometimes 5 hours), my CPU starts acting wild. I start making use of CPU meter gadget which is installed along with windows 7, use to monitor the CPU temperature. But I found that it is showing CPU usage at 100%, when I am not running any program. So I downloaded Core Temp program (an application to monitor the CPU heat). When I use this application to verify my CPU temperature, I was surprised when it shows temperatures rises to 115 degree Fahrenheit. It appears to take place randomly, but frequently at what time downloading large files or else making a Flash application. All system activity stops. It start happening just after the upgrade to Windows 7 Professional. The PC does not restart at what time this happens - I must do it manually through the power button on my tower. Startup Repair often desires to run at what time this happens, but hangs each moment. I cannot even spend 45 minutes.Please help me.

Re: CPU overheating after upgrading to windows 7

If it is showing at 115 degrees Fahrenheit then your processor is overheating. The troubles you encounter are from something else similar to software. From your explanation, it does not look like a hardware trouble. Attempt opening msconfig as well as unchecking the software which is automatically launched at what time Windows 7 starts. Run the PC for a while and make out if the trouble disappeared. If so, open msconfig furthermore re-introduce the programs to start at once. At what time the troubles start once more, and then the last program you added to the boot sequence is the culprit.

I did a lot more research yesterday, after sending, plus I must speak that I experience to some extent silly thought 115 was bad. I guess it just appear poor in comparison to room temperature. Anyhow, I found a thread titled Random freezes in Windows 7 moreover the attempted solutions out there. I could not install the hot fixes talk about; the installers said they were not my OS. I furthermore have downloaded SpeedFan and said my GPU was overheating, it was over 100 degrees. I removed the wmpnetwk.exe procedure describe, and that seems to resolve my redlining problem. It was still warm, though; as a result I opened the case plus checked out the fans. Heat sinks under the fan above the GPU motherboard were entirely blocked with dust. Reapplied, it works well now. CPU is at this moment between 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit., and the GPU is idling at 135 degrees C.

Photoshop Elements as well as Premiere have somewhat known as a controller plus in this thing there is a feature known as auto scan. It functions 24 / 7 unless you turn it off. The small beam at the top of the controller led to a drop down list select "edit" another and go to "Preferences" at the bottom and another box with the automatic analyzer where you can disable it, make out if that helps. My PC was well for a while, however started playing once more The CPU runs about 65% as well as memory about 51% at what time I do something to wake up the media player. I found over 5,000 photos with each model plus logo of the PC. Videos I found hundreds of DVD menus in Premiere and music, I found each and every one the sound effects as well as sample extracts song in my music plus video editing programs. It takes me half an hour to get free of them. It still does not assist the simply way on the way to stop the thing was to disable the Media Player inside the Control Panel Programs and Features of the side panel. wmpnetwk.exe using all resources. I have not made out a way to resolve it and there are a whole group of people with the same trouble.