Thread: Windows experience index shows low score for memory

Windows experience index shows low score for memory

Yesterday I was testing windows experience index on my windows 7 computer. I tested the several major components for their scores. Here are the score which I got from my computer.
    • Processor: 7.6
    • Memory (RAM): 5.5
    • Graphics: 7.1
    • Gaming graphics: 7.1
    • HDD: 5.7

Everything seems to be fine except the HDD and the memory. I don’t care about the low scores about my HDD. However what about the memory? Is this the average score which I am getting for my memory? If it is not then how can I fix this?

Re: Windows experience index shows low score for memory

I think that you are getting low scores because that you have only low capacity ram otherwise for the reason that your fsb of your memory is stumpy similar to at 800mhz. so I assume that for superior result you need to buy the more FSB ram than the current one if you can. Sometime it also depends on your CPU fsb as well as motherboard utmost fsb.

A try to generate a cut down rating system, the Windows Experience Index drops short on more than a few faces by being very traditional in its process in favor of shaping computing knowledge. By means of single number to symbolize performance, using the lowly sub score meant for that digit, and eventually having the memory to decide PC performance which unites to make a mainly unappetizing and imprecise manner of scoring Windows otherwise additional software practices on your PC.

I think that you need to overclock your memory in order to get more score. It seems to me like your Ram is lacking speed and performance and due to this issue low scores are appearing. Otherwise play with the memory voltages for hoping that they will help you to augment the memory usage as well as their speed. If you have other slot free on motherboard then swap the module to that one and check the Windows Experience Index again.

I think that the RAM or memory sticks which you are using not compatible with the Windows 7 Operating system. Have run the CPU-Z? I think that you should run this once and verify that the all the peripherals are working properly or not in the accurate speed. Check the values that you have got the memory tab. Also raise the ratios in Bios. Hope that they are also something to do with this score. Have checked the other RAM modules? If you have any doubt about that score then check the score by installing the Windows Vista.