Thread: Dual Xeon Processor Rig need water cooling

Dual Xeon Processor Rig need water cooling

I have recently built a dual processor Quad-Core Xeon Harpertown 2.00mhz (CPU E5405 model) in a storm i5400XT Tyan (S5396), Hynix 2x2GB FB-DIMM DDR2 533 MHz through two water block, two RAM Thermaltake coolers, Laing pump, as well as 3 times 120 mm radiator by means of an old GeForce 7300 LE 256 MB PCI-Express (not certain of the mb) operating through a power 480W ATX 12V HIGH POWER vigilante, drive-bay power LED reading. What I have is that it functions the way it is settled here in this place. I did the test clip "to verify my lights and fans are also switched, which are connected to the motherboard. As a result apparently the system does not think it should be on. I do not remember if this green LED on the motherboard base was in normal operation, but I think it was. There is no beep code and nothing comes on the screen. This is over months of designing a ridiculous water-cooling system, for a motherboard which does not even over clock. Thanks so much if you can assist me at all!

Re: Dual Xeon Processor Rig need water cooling

My first consideration (halfway through the article is true) was Power suppy. It may possibly not provide sufficient power to start. It may possibly function appropriately without charge, however shit where the whole thing is connected. It sounds like you have an installation summary first. What brand or model power supply do you have? It could have just worn itself, particularly running a server 24 / 7!

The Power suppy is a High Power (and the brand is) PW-480-102 DF. Visibly the similar OEM manufacturer as one of the name brands cannot memorize which. I was under the feeling that this mobo will not function through a single CPU installed. I will attempt first running the motherboard exterior of the case. Possibly I did burn up a chip. The water circuit was imperfect at what time I ran it here at this site. I think I shut down windows appropriately however possibly it not working, I do not remember.

Well, none of them apart from the Skulltrail BIOS choices for overclocking, however, pine mods are 100% pin playing field on a map LGA771. He could do the BSEL pin mod to bump the FSB of 1333 MHz to 1600 MHz, resulting in the CPU operates at 2.40 (relatively trivial) GHz. The chipset 5400 FSB stock runs up to 1600 MHz, in order that it works flawlessly. However, the BSEL pin mod in reality works most excellent on chips through a higher multiplier as well as 6 xs is a cover comparatively low multiplier. You will require buying sufficient high-end Xeon 5400 BSEL mod to the CPU at anyplace near practical over clocking, and those who are at present around $ 1000 + each. I advise that the Board Supermicro sells and gets himself a Skulltrail board game if he is over clocking, Fair LGA771 board.

I have in no way seen a board which did not over clock; so I figured all did I assume, I have been superior off just receiving a quad core 775 on the way to start with. Now I am considering just a single i7 over clock and sell the parts as well as ram on eBay, after I get the rig functioning once more. I will update on this thread, unplug each connector as well as run outside the case over the weekend.