Thread: What do you think about Bulldozer

What do you think about Bulldozer

As my title suggest what do you think about the AMD BullDozer Processor is it worth buying it. Till now what i am using is an Intel Pentium IV processor. But from last few days it has stopped working so finally i managed to purchase a new Processor no matter if i have to replace my motherboard also but please tell me whether it is worth purchasing the AMD Bulldozer processor.

Re: What do you think about Bulldozer

AMD will only bring new platforms and CPUs based on K10 core on the market. The first CPUs with the new cores Bulldozer and Bobcat will appear in 2011, however. A single bulldozer-core appears to the operating system as two cores, similar to Intel's Hyper-Threading technology. However, the core has a bulldozer not only two complete sets of registers, but also two complete integer processing units, each with its own scheduler, its own pipeline and its own L1 data cache. The FPU per core processing is only present once. So its a good choice.

As far as i know you should stick to Intel. It has almost become a tradition, however, Intel's strategy is to tick-tock to reason that the reduction of the manufacturing process (tick), about half-year intervals a completely new micro-architecture of the processors (Tock) leaves a follow on. Along with this, usually several new features of the chip and a corresponding increase in performance over previous generation. In this review, we give an overview of the expected power reserves of the upcoming processors, initially limited to a few quad-core models. When available, we will complement the full range of the 4-core chips and an extensive test of the dual-core Sandy Bridge processors.

The next generation of AMD CPU, the code name with bulldozers, will probably seem more than we thought. PC manufacturers and AMD partners will receive as early as this month, the first samples of the "Zambezi" CPU for the new socket AM3 +. Troubleshooting should be completed in February 2011, so that in March it will begin mass production. The introduction of the new processors are then expected for April 2011. Find the right chipset for Zambezi is called the AMD 990FX and supports 2 PCI Express slots for graphics cards.

AMD Bulldozer a nice choice to go for it has on the conference HotChips its two new CPU architectures Bulldozer and Bobcat now officially launched. The corresponding presentation gives it the Planet 3DNow! visit, but only few concrete facts about the CPU architectures are being called - this is AMD following the presentation first announced. For statements to actual performance and the intended clock speeds but it is still too early, this should each be known until shortly before launch.

AMD BullDozer will give you a direct performance benefit, the whole system not because AMD achieved according to the modular design, only 80 percent of the performance of an ordinary dual-core design with two normal cores. Ironically, one could all the "Hyper +" call, because just like HyperThreading it takes away just a little chip area (HyperThreading cost 5% more transistors) and does not of course the full power of a real other kernel. However, AMD's module approach should bring a much more constant power increase as HyperThreading, since AMD much of the execution units is present twice and HyperThreading in fact only the registers are double. Whether to watch, however, a bulldozer as a module really two full processing cores, is worthy of discussion.