Thread: Should I buy i7 950 or wait for sandy bridge

Should I buy i7 950 or wait for sandy bridge

I do not recognize if sandy bridge is going to contain additional raw performance than the present chips, I take notice of it that it will have improved power saving characteristics as well as new crappy integrated GPUs, however is that it. Oh as well as too they will charge additional for overclocking. Therefore would it be worth the stay or should I just obtain an i7-950? One additional question, are the sandy bridges going to be socket 1366 so I am able to upgrade afterward?

Re: Should I buy i7 950 or wait for sandy bridge

No the sandy bridges are going to be a latest socket 1155 (to change the present 1156) .as the sandy bridge is intended at the mid-range. The present 1366 is allegedly still a higher performing platform. It is replacement, which i believe will be the 'X68 chipset', if I am not wrong. To sum up: the present i7-950 / w the X58 platform - will still be pack leader. Even better than approaching 1155 sandy bridge, this will contain the similar “mainstream” limits as the present 1156 platform.

I do not believe that is correct, refereeing by this review of an I5-2400 with Turbo disabled. It performed as well as a 980X. Well I just purchased i7 950 for my fresh computer. By the recommendation public gave me, I do not consider I made a fault. however, I have Athlon 2500+, as a result this was a much wanted upgrade for me which will be capable to run games just well for a couple of years.

Guys, the 950 is a good chip as well as if the entire you are worried regarding is gaming, after that I am certain it will serve you fine. That assumed, with as one more poster recognized, I would not go thus far as to state that the fresh SB chips are "just mainstream" as well as that the "1366 will still be the pack leader." SB seems to suggest performance that will identical or go over the present i7s for about the similar cost. As well as stop receiving so hung up on the overclocking. You be supposed to be capable to purchase an unlocked K edition of SB chips.

I still do not observe the wisdom of jumping into some present i5 or i7 chip today while it is factually less than 1 month until you be able to find SB choice. Why not as a minimum wait to observe whether there is significant performance dissimilarity and confirm the pricing gossip. However that is just me. Absent a total failure of your present computer however, it is tough for me to consider there are a lot of public that must upgrade today!