Thread: Triple channel DDR3 memory mode on a dual channel DDR3 motherboard

Triple channel DDR3 memory mode on a dual channel DDR3 motherboard

I am going to create a new computer for my brother. I have bought a good motherboard from our neighborhood store. The name of the motherboard is xfx 790i. As you know it has a dual channel ddr3 memory. Now my thinking is adding a ddr3 triple channel. What will happen if I do so? Will it going to operate proficiently inside the motherboard? If yes, how can I make it work? If No, What would be reason for this difficulty? Any information would be much appreciated.

Re: Triple channel DDR3 memory mode on a dual channel DDR3 motherboard

Yes it be capable of work except the obsession is in favor of triple channel you necessitate sets of 3 RAM modules and in support of dual channel you require sets of 2. Therefore making a triple channel kit you will moreover make use of merely two of the three dimms to stay put in dual channel otherwise if you utilize all 3 Dimms the computer will be running into single channel form. Seeing as you cannot utilize dual channel mode by means of an odd figure of modules!! (Except using two sets of three which would subsequently provide you six modules as a result you may perhaps use each and every one 6 in dual channel mode if your motherboard has 6 RAM slots.

Fundamentally a tri-channel RAM is 3 distinct channel stick corresponding in support of run in tri-channel pattern with a motherboard and processor that hold up that arrangement. At this moment, through the slight over information the tri-channel kit ought to works with no issues in dual-channel along with single channel configuration, the query is. Why do you would like purchase a tri-channel modules for run it within dual channel as well as single channel?

As far as I know you may possibly make use of triple channel ram module in a dual channel motherboard, on condition that each and every one of the voltages and timings are the equivalent. If you don't recognize the voltages as well as timings, I would suggest not going for so. It is a best way to hang around rather than messing the motherboard and its BIOS configuration. It is something also related to overclocking. If you have some knowledge about overclocking then it might be very helpful for you.

What's the barely dissimilarity among three modules of RAM promotes like "Triple Channel" and 3 sticks of memory purchased independently? As I know the Triple Channel memory kit may gonna costs you furthermore. For triple channel you need at least 6 memory slots. I hope that you have it in your motherboard. Otherwise it might not be possible.