Thread: Asus A8M2N-LA motherboard won't boot in HP a1730n

Asus A8M2N-LA motherboard won't boot in HP a1730n

I have an HP a1730n and the motherboard was failed. For that reason I have replaced the motherboard by means of an equal Asus A8M2N-LA. It cost me little more actually. I moved the 4GB of RAM and AMD 4600+ CPU in excess of from the old motherboard and the new board I got wouldn't POST when each and every 4 banks were packed with Crucial 1GB DDR2 RAM modules. Banks 1/3 function fine; the PC boots up and Windows 7 loads very well. On the other hand, immediately 2 and 4 or 2 or 4 (singular) are settled, the system presently beeps. Can anyone help me with this issue?

re: Asus A8M2N-LA motherboard won't boot in HP a1730n

First of all try every one of the 1GB RAM modules in bank 1 by means of themselves and check that system booting absolutely or not. Then try to run memtest86 on each single module or stick and make sure that each of them should pass. Have tried other memory modules? Please get any additional memory modules either from your friend or a hardware service center and check the motherboard. If the memory slots have been messed up then you can’t do anything by changing or Swapping the RAM sticks.

If you have any warranty or RMA on your motherboard then I urge you t get the new piece of motherboard rather than working on the current problematic one. Get the similar model board or whichever compatible and see whether the issue is continuing or not. If the problem still exists then you might need to clear or flash CMOS. For this purpose you can use any third party utility to clear the CMOS otherwise can do manually by taking out the CMOS battery from the board and switching jumpers to clear up.

I heard that there is a hardware lock in BIOS which disables any incompatible or third party components attached to the motherboard. The board will only allow those components which are listed on the BIOS lock profile or file. Other than this you will need to crack those lock and make things work. If the motherboard is authorized from the HP then there will not be any BIOS lock. Just make sure that the voltages regarding the memory and its corresponding slots are proper. You can also adjust these voltages if the default one is not seems to be working. If the memory won’t function even after raising the voltage then you might need to get the new power supply.

Have you upgraded the BIOS version? If yes and after the upgrade you started getting this issue then I assume that you will need to go back to the earlier version of BIOS. I have seen in several forums regarding these kinds of issues after updating the BIOS. If you didn’t updated the BIOS yet then get the latest well-matched version for your motherboard. Have you tried the Windows Repair disk? You need to run this disk once. What OS you are using? Have you tried it by changing the OS version of edition?

I don’t think that it has something to do with the RAM modules or its slots. You just need to check the connections again. I think that you didn’t connect the PSU cable to the right connector of the motherboard. It seems to me that lacking in power causing the RAM module not able to load at computer startup. If everything is OK, then try to overclock the memory speed. I believe that it is only the last and may possible option left for you.