Thread: Is it possible to install Meego IVI 1.1 on Intel Moorestown

Is it possible to install Meego IVI 1.1 on Intel Moorestown

Hello friends help me to clear my doubt as soon as possible because I cannot wait to get the problem which I am facing for a long time to get over once and for all. My query is that will I be able to get the Meego IVI installed on Moorestown based platform, I know that this is a bit a silly of having getting the Meego installed on a Intel based platform but then also I love me make things happen by myself, so any one having any idea of getting this Meego IVI operating environment installed on my system, please help me so that I can make so new creations by myself. Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Re: Is it possible to install Meego IVI 1.1 on Intel Moorestown

The answer is no , there is still hasn’t been any capability developed to install the Meego operating environment on the Intel based platform that is the Moorestown on which you would like to have the Meego. The Meego Ivi only supports the ARM processor and if you want you can get the ARM replaced by the Intels processor and then go on with the installation of the Meego. Apart from this I don’t think so that there is any other way to get the Megoo operating system installed on the Intels based Platform. So stick to what ever you have and enjoy. All the Best!!

I think that you will have to drop all your plans that you have thought of making the Meego operating environment installed on the Intels based platform. I think that the GUI of the Meego IVI is very much in high quality and that the Intels based platform will still not be able to handle the complexity of the Meego operating system. Also, the inelegancy and functional requirement of the Meego is still not provided by the Intel’s simple architecture. So I think that you will surely give away your idea and have a just wait for when Intel’s decide to get the Meego IVI operating environment for their own platform.

Although I haven’t tried it but I guess that Congatec board which is also a Intel based platform should be able to run Megoo IVI when installed on it. I think that the Congatec board is the latest inventions by the Intels that has comparatively more outstanding graphics performance with low power consumption so I guess that the Meego will surely be able to along nicely with the Congatec board. So give a try and see what happens, if you are able to get it done then it is very good for you, if not then I think that there is no other option available.

I have searched for your query as soon as I saw this post and I have found that the Meego IVi is not likely to work on Moorestown. There are several reason behind this, first is that the Moorestown system firmware is exceptionally dissimilar than the Meego IVI platforms so there will be no way that the Meego will be setup easily on the Moorestown system. Also the other reason is that the Moorestow uses dissimilar graphics driver than the Intel IVI platform, and that graphics driver is not integrated in the MeeGo IVI images. So you will surely not able to get the compatible images of the Moorestown from any where that will go along nicely with the Moorestown system. So no other way to get the thing installed on the Moorestown system.