Thread: ASUS P5QL PRO motherboard is causing BSOD due to Bad RAM

ASUS P5QL PRO motherboard is causing BSOD due to Bad RAM

I have been practicing some BSOD, totally indiscriminate above the time and a bunch of CRC errors whereas extracting files. My friend telling me that it is the cause of following 4 reasons like Overclocking , Bad Motherboard , Bad RAM or Incompatible RAM. I know that this crisis was previously there in my PC before I determined to overclock it and RAM is also compatible. So I am thinking now it could be the issue of either broken RAM or damaged board. Is there anything may cause further than these things?

Re: ASUS P5QL PRO motherboard is causing BSOD due to Bad RAM

I'm offering you the advantage of the suspicion here by telling that it situates in the direction of cause that if you be familiar with how to overclock, then you make out regarding accurate timing, voltage settings, plus placement. But it does seem to be like your motherboard memory slots are dead or malfunctioned. Di you try your motherboard by running using only one RAM stick or only one slot in use. This way you can figure out which slot is defective.

I think that you should better run the HCI memtest in order to know real things about your RAM modules as well as its corresponding slots. First run the memtest by putting all memory sticks at once. Then try adding one by one. This might causes you lot of time but you will know which RAM is defective and working. If everything is fine then leave RAM thing aside go for further checking. If you haven’t been overclocked yet then it might be possible that failure of the motherboard chipsets or components.

Prime95 is the given name of the Microsoft Windows-based software programs meant for overclockers. It has a characteristic called "Torture Test" that permits utmost stress testing on the processor and RAM. There are more than a few alternatives permitting the stress analysis to focus on the memory, CPU, otherwise a steadiness of both. Frequently Prime95 will notice an error inside a theme of minutes if an overclock is not steady, on the other hand numerous people be fond of to allow the computer "burn-in" during the night to make sure long-term firmness. The Linux-based edition is known as MPrime.

Errors by means of software running on the PC are ordinary causes of the BSOD. As soon as drivers are wrongly installed (or not installed in any way), Windows might come across a system error and be not capable to carry on running the program. The answer typically lies in installing the right drivers for the components or upgrading the PC so that it assembles the least necessities of the software. If a PC is tainted with a virus or spyware, the Blue Screen can come into view leading startup. These nasty programs formulate modifications toward the registry so as to gather information on the client. Occasionally these changes build it not possible for Windows to boot properly.