Thread: Phenom II 955: No temp reading

Phenom II 955: No temp reading

I constructed my system around one year back and I have had extremely a small number of issues from it. I have experimented in OC-ing the CPU, GPU as well as RAM late previous year, but nothing much in any way and not anything in current days. I constantly maintain tabs on my temps through Speedfan as well as HWmonitor plus everything checks out. though, my CPU readings abruptly read 0 C or -256 C in a variety of programs like speedfan, HWmonitor mad AMD Overdrive. When this occurred initially, I checked the BIOS readings and it constantly gives me the definite reading. I am not able p[to get the good solution. Any implication or responses are much respected. Thank you.

Re: Phenom II 955: No temp reading

Hi, I think that you have posted this query on the right place to get the answer because I know the solution for this. at least for my issue that I can tell you. I am having the Asus motherboard that unlocks the core within the CPU and someway it got turned on. You can do this by pressing 4 that is there on the first splash screen although my processor is native 4 cores. I am able to see the temperature if I turn that off. I hope that this will help you in any manner.

I am also having the similar CPU, same things and same difficulty. I have not established a clarification but it does not give the impression of being hurting something. It just seems to occur to me when my temperatures are inferior as well as around inactive speed. When it is below a load all of a abrupt it looks that HWmonitor starts getting a temperature indication from CPU. I just started noticing this when I acquired a fresh CPU cooler so that I might attempt to obtain 4ghz beyond the old. So confidently it's going to maintain letting me recognize when it is getting hot. I know that this post will not be much helpful to you but I just required you to be acquainted that it comparatively ordinary occurrence.

I would like to tell you that the ACC can create the problems by means of temp readings. I am having the same problem with my Athlon 620. Blkut that was not the matter to worry previous to I turned ACC to unlock my L3. It was running around 23c at idle and 34 to 35 c when it was under load, I mean whne the system was overclocked. I hope that this will give you some idea regarding this.

The problem that you are facing may be due to the outdated BIOS in your system. If it is true then also you may get the issues like this. My suggestion to you is to search for the latest update for the BIOS and install that to your system. I have seen many of the cases like this where updating the BIOS solves the issue. So there is no harm to try this out and see that can do the same in your case also. Other than this you can also check for the things like cooling fan and all.