Thread: Core 2 Quad Vs Athlon II X4 for gaming

Core 2 Quad Vs Athlon II X4 for gaming

Well. I was planning to build a brand new pc especially for gaming purpose. As far I come to know from my friends the processors also played an important role in gaming.i know about ram, video cards and all small hardware peripherals But I am not familiar about processors which are able to support all kinds of latest games. I need your help to buy the processor which fulfill my gaming needs. Reply expected as early as possible. I would like to say thanks in advance for your valuable advice. i really need to solve this problem as early as possible.i would like to say thanks in advance.

Re: Core 2 Quad Vs Athlon II X4 for gaming

I am also mad about games. I like to experience new games as soon as they come in market. That’s why I keep my machine up to date. Currently I am using Athlon II X4. It is one of the likable processors in Gamers’ community. I assure you that it should be better for you. I have 3.2 ghz phenom and up till now I never face any problem related to processor. If you ask me about my advice I definitely go with Athlon II X4. You should be fine with all latest games without bothering about settings. Nowadays all the people gave first preference to AMD predecessors for gaming purpose. Core 2 also is in competition with Athlon II, but I don’t have much information regarding them.

Intel Core 2 at present is the best processor for gaming. They are superb for playing games. In the test conducted by the Bit- tech they found that core2 is best one for gaming purpose as games are not optimized for more than one core, there is better performance expected from dual core processors. It is strange that in number of cases optimum numbers of cores are three. I am using INTEL core 2 squad. I over lock it from its basic value to 3.2 GHz. It was running excellently. Coe 2 squad offers wide range of option to suit your budget. If you not bother about money factor, I suggest you to by this one. I assure you that you will never face any problem regarding gaming in future.

I definitely go with Athlon II X4 for gaming system. I told you this option just because of 3d facility provided by them. Up till now INTEL don’t have this feature inside their processors. If you not familiar with the term 3d now it does very easy. You can make a visit to their official side to get more knowledge regarding this. This is a one of the major feature that your system must have if you want to experience the modern games. As you already told that you like to play latest released games as they come in gaming market. Than for person like you this processor is better option to work with. I am also using the same one and up till now I did not face any problems.

Even though there are special features available with Athlon II X4 for gaming. But it also depends on capacity of video-card that you are using. As far I know this one works efficiently with ATI 5850. You can also prefer 4850 but it will lower your performance. Same thing applicable for Core 2 squad also. Video card also responsible for better gaming experience at some extent. If you have money problem than I will suggest you to go with Athlon II X4, because it is cheaper than core 2 Squad processors. The moral of all this is I will give the first preference to core 2 if there is no issue regarding money otherwise go with Athlon II X4. It is also better as core 2.