Thread: Want to enable USB 2.0 with BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE

Want to enable USB 2.0 with BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE

I recently did a build with this BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE motherboard, & the E5200 &in that I use WinXP operating system . the whole lot works fine, apart from that XP is not familiar with the USB 2.0, it observes everything as USB 1.1. There are no options in the bios menus that allow/disable USB 2.0. Anyone else facing this issue ? Any ideas how to resolve it? Please give your valuable feedback on this .

Re: Want to enable USB 2.0 with BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE

Well you just said when you try to plug any USB device in your BIOSTAR build system , it still recognizes it as 1.1 version but you want it should be as 2.0 . Well in that case there can be only one reason for that it is happening because your BIOS is not updated , you need to upgrade the BIOS for that , you will have to visit the official site of the Biostar then upgrade it from there well I do not think you will require anything else to do than this .

The difference between USB 1.0 and USB 2.0 are on hardware part, not on the drivers part. So since (I already checked it) your motherboard favors USB 2.0 you do not require additional drivers for this; all you require is at the windows. For that you will have to right click on "my computer", select "properties", click on "device manager", expand the option by clicking on the arrow for the Universal Serial controllers (USB devices) and uninstall each and every one of the old thing . Restart your system so that you can look for for the drivers from the start.

I am facing the similar issue as yours. But in my scenario my pen drive worked. But it functioned as if the USB port is 1.1. Also, I attempted to use my AverMedia USB TV card which require a 2.0 USB port. But it did not run since the USB is viewing 1.1. Though the motherboard requirement obviously states that it is USB 2.0; then why this is occurring? Have you or anyone got a solution to your issue ?

In any circumstances e this didn't do as expected donot attempt to place any drivers, its hardware issue . You can resolve it by purchasing a PCIe to USB 3.0 card like the required one compatible with your motherboard) and take the benefits of the brand new USB version 3.0. Well if that does not work you can clear the CMOS , for that you will have to remove and reseat it again. I think this will give you what you are actually expecting .