Thread: High Voltage in MSI NF980-G65 motherboard

High Voltage in MSI NF980-G65 motherboard

My system has got MSI NF980-G65 motherboard and in it I have installed OCZ Obsidian 4GB RAM in it Anyone have any suggestion regarding this motherboard or the RAM? I heard somewhat about the higher voltage issues, but public with other OCZ RAM supposed they had no issues, but the only dissimilarity was that the other RAM was "AMD proficient". What does that even stand for? Can anyone please explain in brief about the Voltage issues in this make of motherboard .

Re: High Voltage in MSI NF980-G65 motherboard

Onboard sensors are not as proper as you would prefer , so should not be much be concerned regarding that. Definitely clean it and then apply an special paste (I cannot recollect it’s name ) . possibly would be a fine suggestion to R&R the motherboard to be certain the argument are in the accurate places and are all there. Make sure all settings in the BIOS for unacceptable settings. If settings are incorrect, XP should ultimately sort them out, but that implies a longer boot time.

Testing the power supply is a good initiative start. That it is performing correctly and that it is of decent class and that it is sufficient for the computer. Also verify for BIOS updates and that the CPU is really supported. There are also case when the PSU of your system is not properly set , please check the PSU is from a good make , if you are purchasing such a nice motherboard , you are recommended to purchase a PSU of good make as well .

In the MIT segment of the BIOS make it certain that the "performance enhance" selection is set to "normal". It is more often than not set to "turbo" by default. Also make it certain that the RAM timings are properly set. If not set them yourself. You may require to set the timings to "manual" to notice them, if they are correctly assigned it back to auto, if not make the essential modifications and leave it on manual.