Thread: CPU light blinking after installing ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Socket-1366 motherboard

CPU light blinking after installing ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Socket-1366 motherboard

I have made a lot of changes in n my desktop system , I have installed Corsair A70 CPU Cooler for cooling , power supply unit Socket-1366 , Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM of 6 GB , an i7 Quad Processor i7-950 processor of Intel , a video card from ZOTAC GeForce GTX , along with ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Socket-1366 motherboard. After doing this much changes still my system has come up with lots of problems , it restarts randomly at lots of occasions , I have doubt that one of these have some sort of issues with it , bit do not know which , so I will appreciate if you could really help me out what can be the actual reason for this issue ? Thank you in advance .

Re: CPU light blining after installing ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Socket-1366 motherboard

Well it is really nice that you have mentioned your system specification in detail , all those users of the forum what usually do is they give there issue in detail , but miss out the necessary specification details whenever required , but here the case is otherwise you have mentioned your system specification nicely but have not stressed atall regarding the core issue , so it will be better that you can elaborate your issue in depth as well so that viewers can guide you in better manner , All the best.

Re: CPU light blining after installing ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Socket-1366 motherboard

My system was running smoothly 1-3 days later that it has problem with starting, it loads up bios fine and I can boot to the windows as well and then suddenly it shuts downs the system on its own .. If I attempt to start it again it only initiate blinking red lights on the systemboard red light and the power button blinks as well then I turn off the powersupply and switch it on, and it initiates from points one, I do a bit of trouble shooting then after three days or so the issue continues again. I do not know what to do , I will appreciate if you can now explain me about the issue .

Well as you had said that you had mentioned about the change being made in the post , well I too believe that there is one of the components that you have added in your new system causing your system to face this unusual issue , for that what you can do is you can test each and every item one at a time and then conclude the faulty part, If none of them is faulty then according to me you will have to replace the motherboard .

You ha just said that you ere getting blinking power lights on the front panel of your system , and your system start and shuts downs at random occasion , then I agree that the above mentioned case can be the possibility, that your motherboard may have some sort of issue , or else there can be the RAM issue as well , you can remove and reseat the RAM and run a memory test , but if the RAM is working fine s well you can reset the CMOS and see if the issue still persists .