Thread: how many GHz does a quad core deliver?

how many GHz does a quad core deliver?

I was going through googling a bit around the internet and then I landed up in your forum, my query was related to the processor , I am not that much techie kind of person , I mea to say I am not familiar with the technical terms and all that , so I want to clear my few doubts , my question is about the processors being referred with cores and the speed they provide . You technical people may call this a awkward question, so beg me pardon for that, my question is how much GHz does a quad core carry ? Please tell me and post your ideas on this , I will really appreciate if you give your feedback . P.S have got an AMD processor .

Re: how many GHz does a quad core deliver?

When people inquire regarding GHz what they are actually probing about is "how rapidly can the CPU do somewhat". The quicker the GHz, the quicker the CPU can perform any assigned task. The fact regarding multiple-core CPUs is that they are actually no quicker at any one task than a single-core processor (clock speeds being the same). The advantage is not from being capable to perform a task quicker; it's from being able to do multitasking of functions . I hope my post would have at least of some sort of help to you.

The thing is.. If you get anything that can be tear into 4 parts and put each of them into variable ovens, and at the conclusion you put them all as one to form 1 whole stuff , then you can then do the work faster in more efficient manner .A few applications support multi CPU configurations. Lets assume you want to play WoW.. When you do it, it make use of two cores within of one at the that particular time, implying more FPS(although you can make it only use one). So occasionally it is not merely multi-tasking, it is one application using many dissimilar cores at the same time to boost the system performance.

Since you are a newbie to the technical terms being used , I will attempt you to explain this with an example . Just imagine of baking of a cake. A cake requires , say, 30 minutes to bake. If at your house there are four ovens, it still requires 30 minutes to bake a cake, but at this instant you will be able to bake four such cake at one time , similar concept you can apply with your GHZ concept I think this might have helped at least some help to you , You can post back still if you need further assistance.

So a multiple-core processor actually only provides you a advantage if you can someway arrange to do several tasks at the that time. a few applications can do this, but not all . In the above given cake example , you might cook an complete meal more faster with 4 ovens since you possibly will roast the anything in single oven at the unchanged time you are baking the cake in some other oven and using the other oven to cook something else . the vegetables in yet another oven, etc. So 4 ovens would actually boost your meal-preparation performance.