Thread: Which if faster Sandy Bridge or Core 2 Quad

Which if faster Sandy Bridge or Core 2 Quad

Just have given a thought to have the new processor and in that I think that it will be a great move to have something from the latest. So; I thought that it will be great to have something among Sandy Bridge or Core 2 Quad. In addition to this I would also like you all to see for these options as well Intel Sandy Bridge LGA 1155 and LGA 2011 i7's. Which can be the one with which I can go. Also please let me know how fast can LGA 1155 be? I would like to know what are the things based on which I can get the comparison between the above two and then make the suggestion from the above two. Will I get the performance upgraded to +50 or is it that the things will get doubled with the Intel Sandy Bridge. Hope that you all will come with the suggestion soon.

Re: Which if faster Sandy Bridge or Core 2 Quad

It is always better that you go with the Intel Sandy Bridge; as I think that going with the latest technology is the thing that all of the members here will also agree. This new architecture; that is; called as Sandy Bridge; basically consists of new range of processors. IN addition to all this it has a new chipset. In my opinion it is the right GPU that is built into the processor. I have also seen that it has the turbo mode. I have seen that this processor has the GTS or the memory controller that is built into the CPU. I really think that this processor has an edge over the other option that you have given here. Also I think that it will have support for the Intel Core i3, i5, i7 as well. I am sure that you will definitely go with the suggestions that I have made here.

It is really nice to have the latest one in the pocket but I do not think that it can be always be with this. I think that among the two specified things it will be nice if you can simply have the Intel Core 2 Quad here for you. IN case of Intel Sandy Bridge; I really think that there is a lot more to see for and hence it will be really nice if you can just switch to something else instead of this. As per the performance that you have asked for; I even think that the latest one will for sure have the edge over the older technologies. But on top of all this I really think that it will not be able to give the stability and that the older one can have here. So; it will be a superb idea to go with the Intel Core 2 Duo. Please let me know what your choice was.

I really think that you are here to talk about the performance and if that is the only thing at the prime importance then you can really go with Sandy Bridge. Well this is for those that are not aware of the facts that this Sandy Bridge is heavily based on the Nehalem architecture with some amendments for improvements. When this Nehalem is compared with the Core 2 architecture I have seen that there is an increase in clock per clock of about 20 to 30 percent. So I really think that a profitable increment can be observed with Sandy Bridge architecture of about 10 to 20 percent. So in all if you see I think that the performance will boost up to about 30 to 50 percent when comparison is done between Core 2 architecture and Sandy Bridge architecture.

After a long journey in the field of developing the processors I have seen that Intel came up with the best thing called as Core. The famous among the core series were Core 2 Duo Core 2 Quad. Everything seems simple at Intel LGA 775 socket with successfully strengthening that was provided by the arrival of the Penryn family. With the invention of this Intel had taken one more step closer to the Core technology. This core architecture was able to port the production technology of 45 nanometers. After this Nehalem was launched with the new Intel micro architecture. Nehalem introduced a new socket, LGA 1366. So I think that this time Intel has gone even further forward and has bring up the Sandy Bridge here.

It will be nice that you do not only have the performance thing in your mind. It will be nice if you can also have the stability factor in your mind and hence. On the performance basis I really think that going with the Sandy Bridge will be a good idea to go with. On the same note I would like to say that it will be great if you can have the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad Q6600. In addition to this entire if you want to have a good going I personally think that it will support you in a much better manner if you can have good graphic card and good video card for you.