Thread: Best motherboards for HD 5850 and Intel Core i7 920.

Best motherboards for HD 5850 and Intel Core i7 920.

Hello everyone. I am planning to assemble a new PC for myself. I like to play high resolution games having superior quality of graphics. I choose Intel core i7 920 as my professor and 1 GB graphics card to support high quality games. Can you suggest me the best motherboard which works superior with my processor and graphic card? Also tell the rams frequency that I should have for best performance.

Re: Best motherboards for HD 5850 and Intel Core i7 920.

I7 is really one of the innovative processor introduced by Intel. But I prefer to go with i-930 since it has same price as i7-920 and also has more features compared to 920. I am not much familiar about wide range of motherboards range which is compatible with your environment but there are some sites which provide you information regarding motherboard along with their price list. As far I come to know from my friend the Gigabytes GA EX58 UD3R is better one to work with your peripherals. And its price is also reasonable one just about fifteen thousand. For which you need to put ram around 2 GB.

As far I know the gigabytes motherboards are not easily available in market. Not to worry there are other brands available which supports this configuration. In market there are lots of brands available from cheapest one to most expensive one. I don’t about expensive ones because I always buy reasonable one which suits my pocket money. If you want to know my choice I like to go with Asus’s P6T. Asus is also well known company in the hardware market having number of products. There is a reason behind suggesting asus motherboards. As you previously mentioned that you like to play high resolution games. Asus provides 512 MB on board graphics support which helps you lot while playing.

There is not much difference exists between i7-930 and its previous version. Some modifications did in i7-920 results in i7-930. Actually I have same configuration as like you but only difference is processor. I am currently using i7-930 with 2GB graphics card. Till now I only used msi company’s motherboards. I prefer you t use MSI X58. I am suggesting this one to you because as it is capable to support same configuration with latest processors than it should support earlier versions also. Its price is also same as other brands motherboards. You can also go with MSIs X series for better performance if you don’t any restrictions on your budget. Currently I don’t have any information about them. But you can easily come to know about them by visiting their official site.

I am not person which has strong IT background. I am just a google surfer. Yesterday at the time of surfing I found there are three motherboards those will work with your hardware configuration easily and efficiently. Their names are mentioned below:-
    • EVGA X58 SLI 132-BL-E758-A1
    • ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution
    • MSI X58 Platinum SLI