Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDH3 cannot POST

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDH3 cannot POST

The Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDH3 motherboard cannot POST. I tried to turn the PSU power switch on makes the NB stage as well as DDR phase LEDs (one is yellow and the other one is green) which flash for a moment, then nothing. Only the ‘apparent CMOS' button LED keeps on lighting. The power button has no affect. I've tried taking away/reseating components, decreasing the quantity of RAM, as well as unplugging the whole thing but the 24 pin as well as 8 pin power connectors on my motherboard; nothing looks to me to make a difference. I've observe the PSU appears to create a faint 'whine' while it's turned on. Could it be out of order? I have a system of intel i7 920, with the motherboard of Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R and the Ram of 6x2Gb Geil PC10680 DDR3 (2x6Gb Tri-Channel kits) and the Geforce GTX 460 graphic card.

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDH3 cannot POST

You should attempt to remove 3 of your 6 DDR3 sticks. It could be a lot of things counting your smps. verify to make sure every smps wiring are all joined, (did you exercise CPU thermal paste), SATA_0 {top adjoining to CPU as well as the closest to motherboard and the primary Hard disk}, correctly seated CPU, etc.

You will require to troubleshoot Memory: {noted problems w/6 DDR3}
    A. Uninstall ALL sticks and CAREFULLY evaluate that they are all the similar copy #, note the SNs.(Do Not utilize xmp in the bios; in its place manually organize your DDR3)
    B. make a "Bootable" CD/DVD of Memory test86+ ; use (ISO present edition ~4.10)
    C. "FIND" whichever bad memory: 1. insert 3DDR3 sticks in the WHITE slots, 2. RESTART + CLEAR CMOS (button), 3. Boot with the Memorytest86 as well as experiment DDR3 for as a minimum 1 but if possible 2 hours.
    D. and do the same for the next three Ram DDR3.

Read the motherboard guidebook, as well as double check which socket of the Ram work fine on your motherboard, the majority of the x58 boards depart the first dim socket open on every bank when inserting 3x2G sticks, if you placed it in the first slot of every bank, like each other setup necessitate, it will not going to boot. Place it in the white sockets not the blue one. I built a identical setup previous month, and I recognize but still not remember to put it in the correct slots. It booted as quickly as I got it in the right slots. Now it has working very fine for me in my computer.

My motherboard is not posting no matter which almost. It doesn't even boot since it is not post. Power is on and ideal, USB is on charging my mobile even while computer is on, but I turn on the power from the power button and the LEDs turn on as well as fans and then it’s just like that. The Phase LEDs (top right corner on the whole) that interpret the CPU loading are complete as well as one of those LEDs is red, implication of the CPU is full load, but how is that? I even went as well as bought an additional one, and still same precise problem, annoying me. Is it 2 motherboards are faulty or the CPU or what? I know my memory 1600 is not well-matched but it should still illustrate me the BIOS and boot. It should get memory to 1335. But I mean not still beeps representing failures. Don't recognize what to do. I tried all the various slots for Ram as well as various configurations, nothing.

Neither the SPD, nor the XMP on quick DIMMs, will perfrom for setting up over a DIMM per channel - has been always thus: didn't perform for 775's, doesn't for 1155's, won't for 1356's - just isn't prepared for that! To get superior ram speed specified in the XMP, and utilize more than one DIMM for each channel, need that you load one DIMM for each channel (white slots...), allow XMP - write down all the memory limit; put out of action XMP, set, physically, every memory limit. increase the Vdimm somewhat - say, for 1.65V RAM, provide it 1.68V; knock the QPI/Vtt in order that it's within .36-.40 of the Vdimm; develop the tRFC you receive from XMP by 1.15, rounded to the subsequently maximum integer, set tRFC to that figure; make sure your RAM's control rate is put to 2N (or '2', or '2T') - however your BIOS presents it.