Thread: Dual Core vs. Core 2 Duo vs. Core i3 vs. Core i5-6xx

Dual Core vs. Core 2 Duo vs. Core i3 vs. Core i5-6xx

Hi! Friends I am first year commerce student. Nowadays I am planning to assemble a new desktop pc for home use. I don’t have any tech. knowledge. When I went to by parts for assembling, all parts I bought as far my friends suggestions. But they also didn’t give me much information about processors. The shopkeeper offers me variety of processors. But as I already say I don’t have any knowledge regarding this one. I need your suggestions. Please reply me as early as possible I want to assemble it as early as possible.

Re: Dual Core vs. Core 2 Duo vs. Core i3 vs. Core i5-6xx

The main and basic difference u can see it in the socket, the Dual Core and Core 2 Duo processors are socket 775 that are 65nm or 45nm depending of the model that u select, while the Core i3 and Core i5 are socket 1156 both Core i3 and Corei5 are 32nm. At this point you will find violation of law about dual core. About 775 sockets as far I know, they consumes more power and generating more heat. And obviously it is older than latest ones. DD2 and sometimes DD3 are compatible with Sockets 775 But in case of core I3 and i5 they need DDR3 to work.

When you going to buy hardware peripherals. One important thing is price of each and every unit. 775 Sockets are easily available in market and they are cheaper than others. But it doesn’t create a sense that assembling new pc with older version. You can easily get information about latest versions of all hardware peripherals from official site of IMO. Core i5 have turbo bust which you never see in i3. I also like to tell you that both Core i3 and i600 series have same amount of caching capability.

• Core i5 650 - 3.20 GHz to 3.46 GHz
    • Core i5 670 - 3.46 GHz to 3.73 GHz

While talking about processors there are normally two cores exists in all processors. There is only difference between thread numbers. The number of threads decides the no of processes you can run at a time. The processors having socket 775 that is Dual core and Core 2 Duo have same thread numbers that is two. Whereas the I series processors have capability of four threads. While purchasing particular processors most of people ask about threading value of respected processor. Nowadays i-series processors have great demand in market. I suggest you to buy one of these which are expensive one but I assure you that they will fulfill all your demands.

I know one thing about Core i3 and Core i5 processors is they support improved Threading technology. Whereas the older versions lakes behind regarding this feature. This tech. works by copying the sections of respected processor which stores architecture state without cloning the main execution resources. This enables hyper tech. processors to looks as two logical processors for the sack of hosting operating system. This makes the OS to work with two processors simultaneously. This differentiates the I-series processors from older versions. I am sure now you are not confused to select to select the better processor to configure your machine.