Thread: Sandy Bridge VS Ivy Bridge

Sandy Bridge VS Ivy Bridge

I am trying to decide between the two CPUs for my new desktop machine. I have got confused between the Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge. Currently my machine has an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and it is working well but still I want to decide between the Sandy Bridge VS Ivy Bridge. Can you guys give me the differentiation between both of these?

Re: Sandy Bridge VS Ivy Bridge

Intel's CPU is hardly generation " Sandy Bridge "on the market, there are new rumors to the successor in 22 nm , called "Ivy Bridge". Accordingly, the integrated graphics unit may use the processors at up to 1 GB of onboard memory. This is to be accommodated even on the support surface of the processors themselves. The report referred to be on the chip package of "Ivy Bridge" next to the (CPU and GPU) installed up to 1 GB of dedicated graphics memory. This will speed up the performance of the integrated graphics unit (iGPU).

The assumption that the integrated graphics unit of Intel's upcoming "Ivy Bridge" processor for the first time DirectX will support 11 was now the largest chip maker even by the testimony of a leading employee confirmed by. As PCWorld reports were Mooly Eden, vice president and chief manager of the PC Client Group, Intel on Thursday officially announced that Intel's next CPU generation based on "Ivy Bridge" in 22 nm a DirectX 11-capable graphics technology is incorporated. offer during the competition in the form of AMD and Nvidia for some time graphics with DirectX 11 support, did Intel ever seen no need to support the latest application programming interface for graphics applications, as currently only a few applications benefit from it, it says in the article .

In the Sandy Bridge processor is the first time the CPU and graphics engine on a silicon-Die. As manufacturing technology 32 nanometer feature size is used. In the current Clarkdale and Allendale-generation Intel realized that even with two of these, which are packed on a chip. Although it is known that Intel graphics in terms of features little to set against the top dogs from Nvidia and AMD. The full integration to a higher processing speeds, but allows the to this deficit at least partially compensate.