Thread: Bios on a flash drive went through Q-flash

Bios on a flash drive went through Q-flash

I have a GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard that has been accidentally shutting down one time a day. So I have tried the standard hardware checking ( memory,hard drive, windows 7..etc) and last option is updated Bios. I have the actual F4 edition and will like to update to F9 version, Loaded the latest bios on a flash drive and went through Q-flash. It still has not resolve my issue , please help me out if you can .

Re: Bios on a flash drive went through Q-flash

First of all, ensure the Flash drive is Formatted using the FAT-32 file system. It will not function with an NTFS formatted Flash Drive which it might currently be formatted with. You can do the same thing on another system or portable system , but keep in mind when you format a drive of any sort, you will misplace all the date currently on it.

Yes that is correct once you have done that go to the BIOS, Integrated Peripherals, and ensure "USB Controllers, are all allowed so the BIOS will notice the Flash Drive as a storage device throughout the POST. Then connect the Flash drive the port of the front USB and boot to the BIOS. Make use of the <end> key to begin the Q-Flash utility. I think it will work .

Finally download and create the replica the BIOS update to the Flash Drive root directory, and on a different computer, double click on the exe file to increase the downloaded file is searching for. I attempted that one time, and the Q-Flash will not be familiar with the exe file the manner it is downloaded. It creates an Autoexec.bat, and a XXXX.F9 file (or anything the update edition is) that is the genuine BIOS update.