Thread: Black colored RAM slot does not allow post to complete

Black colored RAM slot does not allow post to complete

In my Gigabyte motherboard Only the light blue slots are functioning well that are for the (DIMM A1/B1 RAM sticks . but the BLACK RAM slots which is for the DIMM A2/B2 Slots does not allow the system to complete the Post the PC POST, and the MemOK light will remain . I place a stick of RAM in all of the light blue slots and it functions well . When all the Sticks of of OCZ ddr3 Platinum RAM , totally comprised of are installed, it recognizes , even the Post gets complete but results in a BSOD error , can anyone please explain what is all this happening .

re: Black colored RAM slot does not allow post to complete

Well I cannot find any cause why one channel will not function . I am not certain if I have to modify any settings in the BIOS to get the remaining of this RAM to boot with no blue screen error . I may exchange the motherboard any day and get somewhat more dependable seeing how these p7p55d have a bunch of posts about them. If anybody can continue me from making the trip to microcenter feel free to inform me in case I am going towards a wrong path.

It's not awfully astonishing that you can boot with 1 or 2 sticks in A1/B1, but have problem when you do not put RAM in A1/B1 and in its place , and place it in A2/B2. With 1 or 2 sticks of RAM you are expected to place them in A1/B1. It will be better that you test all the three RAMs and then isolate the faulty stick and return it to the manufactuerer , then tell me back if you get it.

Now, once you posses multiple number of RAM sticks , usually more than 2 ,you should be capable using 3 or 4 of the slots. However, at some occasions you have to make some V or reduce the timings if you want your four RAM sticks to function properly. Have you made any attempt to test and work with both sets of RAM sticks? In simple terms, did you examine sticks 1 & 2 in A1/B1, and did you examine sticks 3 & 4 in A1/B1? So still after the RAM test , you do not get the solution , I will recommend you to re install the operating system.

The RAM you have is not perfect for a socket 1156 motherboard (or 1366 for that matter). The latest Intel creation chips have a DRAM "absolute maximum" V spec of 1.65V. According to the question you posted you given , those RAM sticks are ranked at 1.7V and come into view to be ranked at 1.8V to get them up to 1600 MHz. If giving back the RAM is an option, that may be the easiest route to take. Have you checked the3 sticks?