Thread: H67 SandyBridge motherboards does not allow overclocking

H67 SandyBridge motherboards does not allow overclocking

I just was told by a website on the CPU forum that not any of the H67 SandyBridge system board will permit overclocking? Is this true? I was setting up on buying an H67 with a 2600k and using the included graphics. I am not a gamer. Wanted capability to overclock the CPU for graphic transcoding, etc. Also planned to purchase the K series just to have the choice to play around with overclock in common. So please tell me how I can overclock the components if I have bought the motherboard ,. I am waiting for response , I will be very grateful if you reply , but I have no hurry you can take your time .

Re: H67 SandyBridge motherboards does not allow overclocking

With the K series all you require to do is modify the CPU multiplier. Is it right with H67 or one cannot t even do such practice with the motherboard components , I am not quite sure ? If you could not do it you will have to spend extra money for the GPU , because the integrated graphics that comes with this system board is totally a waste of money , I hope my post was at least a little helpful.

You are stating that by altering the CPU multiplier that can someway impact the onboard GPU. I am hopeful that if Intel is presenting K versions, and bringing down the bus speed and the whole thing, that it will still function . .Immediately an alter in the multiplier. It just implies you cannot order an H67 motherboard on the very first day , before you go for the K version you can check whether it allows the overclocking or not. it you can check for the on Day 1....I need to gather some field reports or confirmation that an overclocking is achievable before I spring for the K version chip.

I by no means suggested that that H67 could not be overclocked ; the question is "will the onboard" video function as it should ? I consider it will to a 'point' but what that fact is no one knows until you in fact have one to 'play with' overclocking in the system. But if the system is not suitable with the motherboard I think you should better get one that allows . I think my post was a bit of use for you.

The HD 5770 is distinct from other motherboards . I will not recommend GA Motherboards and in any case never use a Utility to if you really wish to overclock it . There's no good quality application that may support you to overclock except MSI Afterburner – it is mostly recommended when you are overclocking a GPU in your system , but not for the processor and any there components