Thread: Adding an SSD to the GA-X58A-UD3R r1 motherboard build

Adding an SSD to the GA-X58A-UD3R r1 motherboard build

The holiday sales are forthcoming and I am looking forward of adding an SSD to my GA-X58A-UD3R r1motherboard build. It's a pretty simple build so far with a an intel processor i7 930, 6gb corsair dominator RAM and a high definition , a samsung f4 1tb hd, and a asus 5850.I am not thinking of going for g raid, I just want a good sized ssd to boot from and run some essential applications . So, if I presently get a 64gb sdd and make use of it to boot, what do I require to be familiar with? Should I choose SATA 2 or 3? Does it actually matter? Again, I am looking for effortlessness of install and to avoid issues.

Re: Adding an SSD to the GA-X58A-UD3R r1 motherboard build

I have seen some of the people mentioning issues with ssd's with this motherboard, but other people seem to have no issues with non raid installs.well if you think that brands really mater in this then I will say that brands do not matter in this case . I think you need to do a bit of changes in the settings of the BIOS, but if you do not want to take the risk I will recommend you to use the hard disk drive instead of SSD .

The issue with the GA-X58A-UD3R is of power and Hardware deployments of the GA MOBO; you almost certainly saw one of the posts. You are not recommended to make use of a Dual channel RAM kit on a three channel motherboard ,if be precise to your question it will work but is not recommended .Well I do not think either that brands do matter here , Brands do matter, I advise Crucial, Kingston, and if asked about the combination Intel and Corsair SSD.

As far as a 64GB SSD - the issue scattering your Applications to a subsequent Hard drive a sensible sized SSD of 128GB where you will be able to have the operating system and the application both and it will be good. Small sized SSD ‘s are causing a lot of issues . If it were in your place I would have recommended Samsung 1TB HDD as a RAID 10 -- you will attain faster speeds read and write operations and if talked about the 2TB of hard drive storage, much more rapidly Writes and have duplication of a mirroring.