Thread: AMD MotherBoard with dual Processor

AMD MotherBoard with dual Processor

I was having a system and my motherboard has gone quite old, I am planning to change it , but this time I am looking for some different sorts of motherboard rather than choosing for the simple motherboard , What does you say about the dual processor motherboard . Does anybody make a dual CPU motherboard to support the AM3 socket? I want to construct a new system using 2 Phenom II X 4 processors. Any assist would be greatly respected.

Re: AMD MotherBoard with dual Processor

It would be attractive to see, but you have to keep in mind that thoe Dual processor motherboards just had an enlarge of southbridge and northbridge (front-side bus) chipsets. AMD's CPUs have had an incorporated RAM controller for many years now, and many kinds of memory standards now. It's not as simple to make two AMD CPUs interact each other efficiently. You need special CPUs with the additional HT link that permits for socket to socket communication.

I would like to see an enthusiast motherboard that could manage two Phenom IIs, but at this point, and having a slump it would be pointless for AMD to manufacture and fund. Anyways, Istanbul is incoming untimely, and if they ever actually required a CPU with more cores, they might vend those 6-core CPUs with a little less HT links for the mass customer market. These are by now straight drop in replacements for Socket F Shanghai CPUs.

A dual-socket Phenom II motherboard is not achievable. Socket AM2+/AM3 does not have sufficient pins for the CPU-to-CPU HyperTransport link needed to run two CPUs on the similar motherboard. You will have to purchase two Opteron 23xx CPUs and a dual socket F board if you really want a to get a dual-CPU, 8-core processor system . So I think you should not go for it or wait until a good release .