Thread: LGA1366 northbridge running hot

LGA1366 northbridge running hot

Hi friends, I am having the i7 930 1366 system but my problem is that my chipset is running extremely warm. At idle condition it is about 58 degrees and while loading it raised to 65 degrees. If I overclock the system then it goes up to 70C so I just run off it on stock settings, I am having the megahalems CPU cooler. I only change to this starting from a corsair h50 and temperature of it goes downward to about 2 degrees. Anyway it is a Gigabyte GA-x58A-UD3R motherboard. I was searching if there is something in the BIOS that I can modify otherwise decrease a few kind of voltage to assist to reduce the temps. I have extremely fine cooling in my case. It does not create a disparity if the window is open otherwise closed. Also if nastiest case I have to purchase an aftermarket chipset cooler intended for this motherboard. What is your recommendation on this topic?

Re: LGA1366 northbridge running hot

I would like to tell you that the X58 chipset does run hot. I checked in my BIOS and it says that it is near to 72 degrees. If you want to reduce the temperature of your system then the only way to do that is to purchase a enhanced northbridge cooler. This can help you resolve the problem. If you do not wish to buy this then you can go for the watercool. These are the only ways by which the temperature of it can be reduces.

I think that it is normal for all the northbridges that it runs hot. In my case the 965 runs very got. It is at the point where you cannot yet touch the heatsink for one second. It is operated in the same way from about three ways from now. It does not show me any other problem other than the overheating. I don’t think that there is any other solution for this. But they should do something for this problem. If you get any fix for this in future then please post that here so that it will be helpful to me and other users who are searching for the solution of same issue.

If the motherboard which you are using permits modifications that is mounting holes then you can modify the heat sink by means of an improved and larger one ultimately by means of a vigorous cooler. I know the alloy as of which is prepared of, the width of the bottom (If that is broad is fine, but extremely broad is awful) and the stature of the rudiments. Be cautious, because a number of products contain the heat sink glued and it is extremely difficult to acquire it off. Maintain one eye resting on the board and other on hands because you could harm yourself within the process. If heat sink is glued then I advise that you make use of slow turning round moves for it, at the place of only pulling off. There is an additional thing that you should have concentration here is thermal smear. It's very significant that you make use of a consistent layer on top of the exterior of the chipset, therefore the cooler acquire his work completed. You can get that from an electronics parts shop, or in a computer shop. You can also get this from any other online shopping website.

Are you making use of the power supply as of the computer where the asrock motherboard burned? If that is the case then you can confirm that with the Visual and also with a few voltage devices. If you are new and you do not have confident about this then you can look for a IT service center and ask them about the problem. I am sure that you will get your problem resolved from there.

Many of the times it broken down inside the asrock mobo and that is the reason that it fixed on fire possibly from me exhausted it toward a lan party the PSU is completely fine corsair 850w experienced subsequent to searching online i establish a ton of articles regarding how warm there north bridges are lying on gigabyte boards. I am not so concerned regarding it but i would akin to to shove 4ghz once more so I purchased a 40mm fan headed for mount close to it I am not fresh at this material been building on behalf of four years now and nothing has moved out wrong apart from the asrock mobo which was possibly my mistake since I believe the north bridge heat sink approach misplace.