Thread: AMD Athlon X2 240 only 4 multipliers are active

AMD Athlon X2 240 only 4 multipliers are active

For testing purposes, I have my AMD Athlon X2 240 with an AMD Athlon X2 6000 + exchanged. They also ran fine. When I swapped back to the 240s this was only very slowly (2x800mhz) which means that CPU usage is constantly between 50 and 100%. Lt. HWiNFO32 are only 4 multipliers (multipliers) for each core is active, instead of max. 14. In the Bios I've already made to 14x. Give me simplest possible solution of my problem. These are the things I have tried. Settings in the bios check and if necessary changed. Power Options in Windows to "desktop" is set. Bios updated to latest version. Bios set to default settings. With AMD Overdrive tried the multinationals to increase to 14 -> follow the system and restart freezer were AMD Athlon X2 240 only 4 multipliers active.

Re: AMD Athlon X2 240 only 4 multipliers are active

A processor clocked the multi down. That's normal? Are you sure that he no longer goes up? Leave everything nice in the BIOS to default and CPU-Z. Then do not load and watch. Then strain and broadcast. Start simple CPU-Z, then see the bottom left of your 800 mhz, then start off at the same time Prime, if it is not high on 3GHZ then we talk more, otherwise fit anyway. In short there is no need to worry about this thing, as I have said this kind of behavior is normal and will not cause any damage your system. If you have any other doubt then let me know about that.

I think that I am also facing similar kind of issue my Athlon was released to a X3 Phenom X4, and then the temperature were not read correctly. Therefore, the motherboard had always throttled for alleged overheating. Switch this function off times, if you are sure that you have not forgotten to change the processor. Now I want to know what function I should turn off exactly. If any one of you can throw some light on this issue then it will be really great. I hope that I am not asking something that cannot be answered. Now I will be waiting for my related response.

I had an ASUS board, so I do not know exactly how the function is called with your BIOS. There is a question that the processor is throttled so as not to overheat, it will be reduced by the multiplier and voltage. Someone with NEM ASUS board here who could look up again. I have looked at me once. Under "PC Health Status" feature "Hardware Thermal Control". To be true now I am really board from Gigabyte. But before that can sometimes see what CoreTemp or Speedfan or AIDA Sun spit for temperatures, then you will get the idea that it can be used or not.