Thread: Only four cores available in Phenom II X6 1090T

Only four cores available in Phenom II X6 1090T

I have just installed a Phenom II X6 1090T on a gigabyte ga-870a ud3. In Device Manager all 6 cores can be seen, but in Task Manager, CPU-Z and AMD Overdrive are only 4 cores active. I have tried in the BIOS core Unlock and off and enable the seeds by hand, but that does not change. I do not know what is causing this kind of wired problem but need to know the solution for this thing. I mean to say that why I am getting only four core instead of getting six cores. If anyone else is facing this kind of issue or have the solution for this thing then please share you experience.

Re: Only four cores available in Phenom II X6 1090T

Do you have the latest version of cpu-z or the ancient ne no detect 6kerner. I am saying this because it is not random as of the old story of "upgrade from Quad, and previously with msconfig limited to 4 cores because someone claims that it would reduce the boot time. As I have check for the version of cpu-z and if you are having old version then you need to update it. If want you can also format your system and install a new system. I think that if you update your system then you will not face any other issue with your Phenom II X6 1090T, but if you are facing same issue after updating or you have already updated the system then you need to provide more details related to your system.

Thanks for the answers actually I wanted to install Windows anyway, but I always wait until there is no alternative Is it normal way, that are read incorrectly by the Board within the NB Temps? It cannot be that the 79 degree it is too hot, because I can touch it and my case cooling is not so bad. Yes, with msconfig I have played and I hate myself even before NEN core 2 quad xD. But I think that this is not perfect solution for the problem that I am facing. If you have any other solutions for this kind of problem then please share the solution with me.

It is not to say that the read the NB temp really is, may be that somewhere in the vicinity of the Temperature sensor sits but if it should definitely be at the normal temperature. I thought it will transfer the heat to the heatsink. The number of available cores is not accidental and hence it should display all the cores and not the four cores. I think before formatting your system you should check for the BIOS update, there are chances that this will resolve the issue that you are facing. Anyways you can only hope for the best result but there are very less chances for the successful result.