Thread: Problem with Raid1 and SMART in ASUS M4A78-M

Problem with Raid1 and SMART in ASUS M4A78-M

I have recently bought the ASUS M4A78-M to use it as a board for a home server with Raid1. During installation, everything worked wonderfully. Raid1 works very well. However, there is a problem when you read the SMART values of RAID1 hard drives. These are not available. The BIOS can be, if the SATA disks are identified as IDE, SMART on or off. In my case I had to choose RAID to create a RAID1 can. Here, the SMART function is not available and will not appear. The point is that I SMART would be important because I would like to check now and again via RDP the status of hard drives. Have I perhaps done something wrong? Is there perhaps another way to know the status of the RAID's view?

Re: Problem with Raid1 and SMART in ASUS M4A78-M

I think that I am also facing similar kind of issue; unfortunately I cannot enable SMART if RAID is set! The option does not seem to. I see setting only if the SATA ports are set to IDE. I also believe that SMART works slowly in this case only if one chooses a different mode than RAID. It's not my nForce board, but my ASUS M4A78-M motherboard, which I bought to build a file server with RAID 1. My nForce board can by SMART, because I installed in my main PC a RAID0 and here I can read the SMART values. Only the Asus board with AMD socket it's just unfortunately not. And I think it will not go because it just does not.

So in principle, it is smart, regardless of the type of hard disk advisability IDE or S-ATA RAID, or not care. It should probably be on the raid controller on the board. The BIOS of the motherboard is up to date, I've checked. What I now noticed: When the system boots, is indeed just a RAID indicated diagnosis. I have only now really seen that here the SMART status of disks is displayed. SMART is therefore still active. On the ASUS HP of the main board there is a utility called "AMD RAIDXpert. Invites you to download this, you get a driver for AHCI and RAID in the form of a ". Inf file.

With Argus Monitor is not it? Use not a raid but with the latest cpu, GPU and HDD temperatures read but SMART & that even with an alarm function that works. Also have an Asus the M4A77T/USB3 with a Phenom II and CL9-Rams Corsair & has been my experience that you get the best driver (especially current) and information for AMD-board chipsets. I hope that this will help you to solve issue that you are facing, if you have any problem related to this thing then let me know about that. I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.