Thread: How can I overclock EVGA X58

How can I overclock EVGA X58

I have the EVGA X58 Motherboard and I just wanted to know if I can have it overclocked. Well there are some of the things that I want to have and for that I have seen that the speed of the CPU should be a little more and hence I thought that it will be great if you all can help me with the scenario. I just want to increase the speed of the Motherboard and have the game running on the system without getting laggy. Please let me know if there is anything handy by which I can have the things done quite easily. I am new to this thing but want to give this a try.

Re: How can I overclock EVGA X58

Well if you are new to the environment of the overclocking then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can get the basics cleared on this and then decide if you really want to go with this there. If you get the Overclocking for you then let me tell you that you will really enjoy the benefits of it but if you end up with something really weird then the scenario will be really dangerous. In case of the processors the safety margin has to be taken into consideration. While going with the Overclocking you will also have to see for the technology that was used for manufacturing the processor. The basic thing for which people do overclocking is to increase the power of the system and I think that you want to have that. In reality it needs utmost experience and much care.

Really agreed to what has been said above and to you let me tell you that overclock is really risky. If you end up with the things in the proper manner then let me tell you that you will not have any issue but if anything goes wrong then let me tell you that you might see your Motherboard getting fried or it may even fry the CPU there. The reason for getting CPU fried is the excessive amount of the voltage. If you are looking for the Overclocking then you will have to see for the two factors on which the operating speed of the CPU depends. The two factors are the fsb and the multiplier. To overclock the processor, we can act on either or both parameters at once. Unfortunately the manufacturers of CPU block more often the multiplier for these processors, the only alternative is to increase the FSB. Hope that you must have understood the point here.

If you want to take the RISK then here are the steps that can help you to OVERCLOCK the EVGA X58. Try to follow the things in the manner that has been said. Go in BIOS and then press Load Defaults. Then you will be required to Save and then make Exit. After this you will be required to make some changes in the following options. CPU Clock Ratio, CPU Host Frequency, CPU Uncore Frequency. You will be required to adjust the things in the manner so that we can get 4.2GHz. Now go in the Memory Feature and then simply modify the memory so that it can match with the specifications. Now after this you will have to take utmost care with this. You will be required to adjust the voltages. You will be required to go in the Voltage Control and then make the changes so the things can be enhanced for your case. The final things that you will be required to go with is go in the CPU Feature page and then immobilize all of the Intel Power saving features; if you can see Turbo Mode Function then please see that it is enabled and finally amend the QPI Frequency. While doing all this things make sure that you also increase the Speed of the fan.

Well I am of the opinion that you have got the things for you. In addition to this let me tell you that this process is not without danger to the computer. An increase in frequency will always accompany the effect of raising the temperature of the elements that suffer. So if you want to avoid this hazard then please make sure that the elements affected by this temperature rise is adequately ventilated. In addition to this let me tell you that if you have some other components on the Motherboard then you may find them not working as well. Since it may happen that they might not accept this amount of increase in the Frequency. If the things are not done correctly then it may happen that the system may be unstable and if not that then chances of overheat and burn rises.

If you are going with the Overclocking then let me tell you that you will be required to see if you are having the coolers on the way. The system most widely used is the fan mounted on a radiator. You will be required to take care for the fan; it can be mounted directly on the processor, but if that is the case then let me tell you that the cooling will be worse, sometimes a small metal plate sandwiched between the fan and the processor helps dissipate heat from the processor. If you want to make use of the CPU and that too at this high frequency then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can have the fan as large as possible; so that the mixing of air can be made possible. This is the most important part of the Overclocking that you will have to take care of.