Thread: Problem conference from Communicator 2007

Problem conference from Communicator 2007

I need your help, as part of my internship; I should install the solution MOCS 2007 R2 in the company where I'm at. So I deploy Standard Edition Server on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. I followed the installation guides and all the live conference meeting (with shared whiteboard, etc ...) work, also the presence, instant messaging too, Outlook integration also works. My only problem is at the conference from Communicator directly. If I seen select at least two contacts and I want to send an instant message, communicator tells me the following message: "An error occurred while attempting to start the conference. The same message occurs when I click on "conference now." I do not understand why this does not work on my server as OCS, the service that allows you to run a conference from Communicator is started and does not display an error. Could you help me? I hope I was clear enough, otherwise feel free to request additional information. Thank you in advance!

Re: Problem conference from Communicator 2007

All services are started, and the server front as well. However, to solve the problem, the only solution I found is to change the operating system. I switched to a Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2003 R2 64 bits. Since this change, everything works perfectly. So I guess Windows 2008 R2, is not compatible with 100% Microsoft Office Communication Server R2 2007. I hope that this will definitely solve the problem that you are facing if you have any other issue then let me know about that. I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

A real solution has she been found (besides the fact of change of OS)? For I have also this problem with Windows Server 2008 and Office Communications Server R2 2007 R2 and I do not really see what is wrong with my installation. But it crashed my service front-end that never wanted to restart later (L observer event indicated an error Schannel.dll I did not have time to try to solve). "An error occurred while attempting to start the conference. Anyway thank you for your answers! If you have any other advice then do not forget to share your views.

I was once a client channel this error message indicating that the certificate associated with the service was not as expected. In fact the error was from a port number that had been modified; check your port assignments for each service. Indeed, the application was sent to a port for another service, and as the associated certificate is not the correct one, a timeout occurs with this error message. Yes it appears that a PB with the customer MOC 2007 but tried with the Live Communicator is designed for conferences. I test it and it works correctly with more than three Customers.