Thread: Asus MN2-e beep 1 time long and 2 short

Asus MN2-e beep 1 time long and 2 short

I have a strange problem since yesterday. I changed the DDR2 memory on my Asus board and wanted to restart. But then there was only a black screen and beeping from the case. 1 long and two short times in the loop. I wanted to install the old memory module again to eliminate the problem, but it remained up to the beep. I already switched power supply, video card, CPU / fan, monitor out and tried separately from the old DDR2 memory on one of Simms. I did that with the new memory. So, each equipped with a bank and the series. Then I did CMOS reset (battery previously taken out) and also changed the battery. All brought no success. My friend suggested that you should disconnect all (IDE, SATA devices, memory) and reboot the system with the CPU. And something amazing happened to me. No matter what I put into the system and how I tried to boot, the beeping sound (long, short, short) did not change. Whether with just the CPU or memory. Now my question: What can I do? The bios may crashed or at a motherboard fault? The capacitors at any rate still good. Is there any solution for the problem?

Re: Asus MN2-e beep 1 time long and 2 short

You can try following things for solving the problem you are facing. Set a module - in banking, "B1" - reset the BIOS to default - a jumper - When the NT - start the MB - the BIOS - the values from RAM manufacturers directly enter - (Command Rate set to 2T and in particular DRAM Voltage). PC / NT off - use another module - Install other modules. I am sure that if you are checking for these things you will definitely get a solution for the problem you are facing. If you have any other doubt then let me know about that. I will definitely provide a solution for the same.

First of all thanks for the quick response but where is the jumper header on the motherboard? I can currently make up only two headers: 1 for CMOS and for the chassis. No, not the graphics card needs external power supply, if a Power Color 3450HD without electricity. Had also been a 3850 turn with power supply? No improvement. I have tried all the things that I can do for solving the problem that I was facing but there is no solution for the problem. If you are having any other tip then let me know about that. I will be waiting for the response from your side.

Above the battery (1 clock) CLRTC "is a base with three pins - to pin 1 +2 sits jumper - this is off NT for about 10 seconds to pin 2 +3 set - but then again sure to pin 1 +2 set - MB start - Set Date / Time / Command Rate / DRAM Voltage / boot sequence. Most important pay attention to the CPU fan - the cable must be plugged to CPU_FAN. There are chances that the graphics card is not seated correctly in the slot - push this off on NT "to" - they may have pulled minimal. I hope this will resolve the issue that you are facing.

The graphics card plugged 1a and loud Award Bios beep legend is that also the fault par excellence. But I have tested 2 different (a total of 3) graphics cards and screwed the motherboard from the tower so I can be sure that everything is seated. Extreme is strange indeed that the error occurred only after the latch change (about to run the thing properly) and could not be removed again, but I the original state (the hardware side) re-established. Can it be that the smoke is drawn Ram-changing something or just the bios is gone. From the outside the Main Board from perfect. No tracks or somewhere torch black.