Thread: No Sound on Asus A8N SLI Premium

No Sound on Asus A8N SLI Premium

Since I had installed from the start with a Sound Blaster, I have never used the onboard sound, now the board is in a small office computer, and without Sound Blaster card, but unfortunately does not the onboard sound. System is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, chipset drivers are installed, if music goes, I see the level at the playback devices, but no sound comes out of the speakers. I've already tried everything possible, old drivers, new drivers, onboard sound disabled in bios and get active again, etc., etc., but just no sound. I have tried many solutions that I have found through google but there is no success. If you have any suggestion for this thing then let me know about that. Thanks in advance.

Re: No Sound on Asus A8N SLI Premium

Check for the sound, I mean to say check the volume control, you have turned this thing on or not. I know that this is sounding funny but trust me this can be a case related to your sound problem. I had the "normal" SLI was the problem if you can also check for that. The onboard chip has just passed or not. It should go even without resetting the BIOS or make the BIOS update. Check for the following things and I am sure that you will definitely find a solution for the problem that you are facing. If there is any doubt then let me know, I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

I totally agree with the above reply you should also check the bottom right of the taskbar, click once with the right mouse button on the loudspeaker icon and "playback device" option. In this window open the boxes to the onboard socket set as the default. Possibly active there as a standard the nonexistent Sound Blaster. I am not sure that this will solve the problem that you facing but this is another option that you can try for. If that does not solve your problem then you have provide more detail related to your system. I hope that this will help you.

It is a "Realtek" sound chip? One of these drivers installed or not. "Control Panel" / "Sound" - is here under "Playback" - "speaker" is clicked? I am assuming that the speakers are properly connected to the rear front (line out, the mean, green supply / output). It will be better if you uninstall all sound drivers. In the presence of WIN ALL everything under "Device Manager" / "Software" (Realtek / Sound Blaster) and "Audio / Video PC Gaming is in place WIN restart. Cancel the driver installation of WIN if the Realtek sound chip is installed. If the "level" "kick out", is a driver or connection problem the sound chip works yet so you can try “Onboard Device" when everything is disabled since it is not required.

I also had the same problem, when you have connected with you front audio? If you still do not have a jumper that you have sound. You just need to check the jumper for this purpose. If you had already connected the front panel, and there was no sound then also you must try for this thing. As I have said that I was also facing similar problem then it was factual at the two jumpers, the front panel can (n) use no more then of course, so at all with the same problem: plug the front panel off, and both jumpers set. It will definitely work for your system.