Thread: 3.99 usable ram on the X58 motherboard

3.99 usable ram on the X58 motherboard

Hello friends I have got this unusual problem with my X58 motherboard as it is showing some different specification when I click on to search the details for my configuration. I have 5 GB of RAM on my processor and when traced for the usage of the RAM it actually showed only 3.99 RAM in use, so can someone please help me to know what is this problem about and how should I rectify it. I have removed my RAM and inserted it again and then also it is showing the same specification which is in general incorrect. So can someone help me to solve this problem so that I can make full use of the RAM that I have installed and can further increase the performance of my system.

Re: 3.99 usable ram on the X58 motherboard

Hey friend, can I know that which bit system or which Windows version are you actually using in your computer. If it is a 64-bit version of the windows than I think that the processor will generally use all the memory and you will get the exact figure of the memory that you have in your system. But , if you are using 32-bit version of windows then I think that some of the memory is being used by the processor and the system, because 32-bit version windows will generally require some less memory then the 64-bit version and since you are having 5GB so all of them cannot be used.

Hey I was also getting the same problem with my board which is also showing less memory as compared to what I have on my board. I was having 4 GB and in windows it was only showing that 2.5 GB was usable. So, this is what I did to increase the usage and make full utilize of the underlying RAM on my system. I went into the BIOS settings of my system and set the MCH Strap to DRAM Ratio, under frequency/voltage. Usually, thex58 motherboard has been set to something less which is why you are not getting the exact usage of the RAM on your system. Also, the TRL settings should be change to +2 under the memory feature in the BIOS settings,

Hello friend, I would like to inform you that the x58 motherboard is actually made keeping in mind the computing that is actually needed in delivering multi-threaded support that helps us to play all the games that need high graphics and speed support. The Intel's X58 motherboard is designed to have six cores and support twelve threads of processing which actually requires allot of processors speed. As a result some of the RAM speed is utilized for making these threads and that is why you are shown with less usage than what it is actually desired for.

Hey friend, don’t worry I have searched for the information about this and have found that all the memory is being used and you are actually showed with a less because some of the memory goes of with managing the threads that the X58 motherboards provide to us. This board has altogether 4 ports for the RAM due to the varying speed of the RAM that it actually requires for processing all its threads.