Thread: DIY steps to replace cpu pins

DIY steps to replace cpu pins

I was a bit concerned about the processor installed in my system , I have newly bought a EVGA a mother board , along with that I purchased a new processor and RAM sticks as well , I bought AMD phenom processor, but I wanted to know a bit about my old processor, the pins in are a bit old and oddly shaped because I was doing a bit of experimentation in it , but later on came to know that it can be brought back in the working condition please tell me can it be done or replaced.

Re: DIY steps to replace cpu pins

Well if you ask my opinion , you should never do any sort of such experimentation with the processor , one of my colleague had an intel Celeron processor , he to had changed his processor after it had gone outdaterd and later on he did some R&D in it and changed its shape , but somehow he got his processor fixed as he replaced his pins, but I d not think that can be done once you make any changes.

If you think that youa re bit tech savvy and are capable of doing any sort changes and modifications then only you should go for this otherwise be happy and content with your new processor. Any ways once you have made your mind to make the changes you will need certain equipments You will need Pliers , then Wire Stripper to spli those tine wires , gauge wire that is very small and tine as thin as a needle and a couple of needles and a Magnifying Glass to assist you observe what you are doing if you require it.

Here's precisely what I performed to repair my motherboard. You can to do it different ways, you can possibly use something else like a small cable etc. I am suggesting here what it had worked for in my case. Observe the 2 missing pins, and around them a few twisted pins. Mending the twisted pins was not a problem, but replacing it was a big issue . Start by stripping the filling off of the cable. Strip those cables from inch off.

Go into safe mode (press F8 frequently upon power up) .While in SafeMode go into program and features now chosen Nvidia Drivers then uninstall them. it will then inquire you to restart the computer , but then you are not supposed to reboot it. Once youa re in the safe mode then you can disable the drivers from that mode , exit from the mode and then restart the computer , in the device manager you can disable the automatic updates as well.