Thread: Installing 4 RAM sticks of 2 GB on Nforce motherboard

Installing 4 RAM sticks of 2 GB on Nforce motherboard

I purchased a branded system , It is quite old , I have done a lot of changes in my desktop after buying it , i had upgraded my operating system first , I had installed windows operating system first, then I installed Windows 7 operating system, but I was facing a slow performance , I have got a Nforce motherboard , I have got a there are my question is that I want to install 4 RAM sticks of 2 GB each , as I have got 2 RAM sticks of of 1 GB each installed in it . Is it possible to do so , please let me know about this I am waiting for your response.

Re: Installing 4 RAM sticks of 2 GB on Nforce motherboard

First of all, I believe there is a bit of delusion. There is an issue with the nForce board users for those having with 4x2GB RAM combination "may be partially" since the board itself is having a tough time managing 8GB, but I think the major issue is that NONE of these RAM are designed or tested to work altogether , but I I will recommend you to use two 2GB RAM sticks in your mother board , so the opinion is yours and so is your decision.

Well if you really wish to improve your performance you can definitely go for the upgradation of the RAM , but ideally speaking whether it be a NForce mother board or any other board , I think you yourself will have a tough time in managing it as , as you will face a lot of difficulty in testing it and managing it , suppose any of the RAM sticks goes faulty in future ,then you will have to test it by removing one RAM at a time and then testing the system , it is quite tedious to install it and test it.

All those figures mentioned in manufacturers' websites and shown on the modules are suitable for a 2x2GB procedure, and only that. If any RAM maker is trying to blame nForce motherboards for issues that's their disgrace, but I had visited the official sites of Corsair and Mushkin , but there I could not find any such thing tht says that it will face any sort of difficulty in establishing such setups.

Still, nForce boards need higher voltages on the SPP in order to control and mange the memory load. However, in my understanding, that is essentially it for the motherboard. It is the RAM that needs considerable amount of tweaking in order to locate the stable clocks, timings and voltage to get suitable with 8GB RAM . Essentially, you are performing the testing and maintaining a quality assurance for your 4x2GB arrangement yourself, as it was not recommended by the maker.