Thread: Gigabyte GA-G31M ES2L rev 2.0 motherboard won't accept 2 RAM sticks

Gigabyte GA-G31M ES2L rev 2.0 motherboard won't accept 2 RAM sticks

I have a depressing and odd trouble with my motherboard, presently won’t admit further than 1GB of RAM. The system specs are as follows.
    • Processor: Intel Pentium D 820 2.8
    • RAM: 2 X 1 GB Kingston KVR800D2N5 (ddr II 800 CL5).

I place just single of them and it works very well, I set two (dual channel 2 x 1 GB) it goes awake till to the windows loading display and then display turns to black. Computer stops thinking (the little glow light doesn’t vary colors viewing functioning processor). I have installed 1 x 2 GB modules and still the same. It seems to me that my motherboard doesn’t accept more than 2 sticks. Is it true?

Re: Gigabyte GA-G31M ES2L rev 2.0 motherboard won't accept 2 RAM sticks

First of all tell me that you are using the latest BIOS? Have swapped the RAM sticks to the other remaining slots. You should try other memory modules than the just one you have mentioned above. It might be possible that the motherboard won’t accept those range sticks. Also make sure that the OS and the motherboard installed on your computer accepts more than 1 GB or 2 GB RAM. You are telling that you still using Pentium processor, so I think that it is a far old motherboard.

It is unquestionably significance trying in the direction of modernize the BIOS to the newest version seeing that over and over again the problems that the update address are not place in the information container. Make clear in your mind that you perform it by the use of QFlash as well as disable Keep DMI Data lying on the QFlash homepage. It is on the other hand fairly achievable that Lsdmeasap is truthful in that the memory is presently not well-matched.

First of tell me that how many memory slots included in your computer. In some model means early model of motherboards you only get 2 memory slots. It doesn’t mean that the computer accept the both slot memory. The motherboard includes 2 slots means you can use only one RAM stick at a time. If the board included 3 or 4 slots then only you can use 2 memory sticks. This is because if one slot malfunctioned for whichever reason in your computer you can swap the current memory stick to next slot and vice versa. It sometimes happens when you heard beep sound from computer.

First of all I want to tell you that you can't repair a hardware trouble as a result of installing software or drivers. You need to physically organize your RAM module settings inside the BIOS the same as was recommended. Make use of the RAM producer’s specifications for speed, timings as well as the voltage. For further reference you can make use of some utility like memtest or CPU-Z to ensure the working condition of your RAM.