Thread: Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H motherboard 4GB RAM installed shows less than 4GB Usable

Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H motherboard 4GB RAM installed shows less than 4GB Usable

The system specifications are as follows.
    • Operating system: Windows 7 64Bit
    • Memory: CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H
    • Processor: Intel Core i5 650

I have configured it perfectly and installed the OS, when toward the inside control panel and staring at the computer it denotes that 4GB RAM installed except somewhat similar to 3.74GB RAM utilizable. I was now speculating why there is a few 0.26GB of RAM not obtainable. I did not be acquainted with if the extra RAM was owed some way towards the On-Die GPU. Nevertheless this does not appear to be the instance seeing as in various cases public have added a devoted GPU by the use of PCIe slot moreover the absent RAM phenomena at rest subsists. Has anyone has the explanation for this?

Re: Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H motherboard 4GB RAM installed shows less than 4GB Usable

Here may perhaps be 2 promises by means of this problem.
    • Might be the highest memory is not permitted inside the BIOS.
    • Greatest RAM is not configured in sophisticated boot alternatives.

For this issue of you need to get the help from BIOS manufacturer. In order to check the advanced boot options follow this method.
    • Click Start and inside the search box type msconfig and Hit enter.
    • It will open the System Configuration screen.
    • Move to the "boot" tab.
    • Hit it off on "Advanced Options" also uncheck for "Maximum Memory".

Re: Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H motherboard 4GB RAM installed shows less than 4GB Usable

If your graphics card or the GPU is displaying like sharing memory that is pretty to a great extent the cause Windows explains simply 3GB exploitable. What you necessitate to accomplish is to go away inside the BIOS. I hope that you know how to get into the motherboard related settings there. Within solitary of the chipset selections come across for "Frame Buffer size" otherwise "video buffer size" or somewhat comparable. It is supposed to encompass a preference to prefer values varying from 64MB toward s1GB to situate sideways like your shared memory. Fall it downward to an inferior rate or put out of action the shared memory if you contain a separate graphics adapter.

The majority RAM modules hold next to or else just beneath their scheduled capability of physical memory. 4 GB of ram, printed on the sticks, may perhaps illustrate like 3.9GB in Windows 7. In a Windows 32 bit system, the PC computes each and every one obtainable physical memory from RAM module, and then deducts extra memory from this sum. For instance, if you contain 4GB of ram and a Geforce GTX 8800 768MB graphic card, your planned accessible RAM will be only 3.25GB. This is since the system prioritizes GPU memory, and then adjoins the lasting existing value, up to 4GBs. 4 GB of ram - 768 MB graphic or video memory=3.25GB of RAM.

First of all I need to know about what kind of Graphics you have in your computer? For the most part ordinary origin of this issue is regarding to integrated graphics on your motherboard. In view of the fact that the onboard GPU doesn't contain RAM of its individual, it has to make use of its memory from the computer. This might be why you are considering fewer than the full 4GB exploitable. The GPU has to scrounge, or else donate a segment of RAM to video bring into play. If you install a dedicated Graphics Card, by means of its individual memory, you will then contain complete utilize of your installed RAM used for the computer to apply beneath x64 like it will not require to have a loan of whatever thing.