Thread: ICH10 controller malfunction in Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R motherboard

ICH10 controller malfunction in Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R motherboard

My new PC has Windows 7 Pro x64 installed, in which I am getting issues by means of some components which are almost certainly associated to ICH10R controller.
    • The network adapter (Realtek) is completely misplaced inside Device Manager and Network controller install listed on screen whereas booting
    • I cannot use any gadgets to USB because the Device manager informs issues among foremost 2 ICH10 relative USB Universal Host Controllers (3A3A as well as 3A3C)
    • BSOD caused by usbhub.sys when begins to shutdown.

Are these really the cause of faulty controller or something else? The motherboard which I am using mow is Gigabyte X58A-UDRr rev. 2 with Intel Core i7 950 processor.

Re: ICH10 controller malfunction in Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R motherboard

I think that it is not about the motherboard or the ICH10R controller and the USB. It seems to that the troubles stalk from the software utilities or tools that you have installed on your computer which is offered free along with the motherboard. Some tools might not be compatible with your configuration or specification. So my advice is to remove them and see for working. Otherwise completely format the windows OS and re-install the specific drivers and utilities which are necessary for your computer. Do not use any third party utility regarding the motherboard.

I heard that there are lots of features additionally available for Gigabyte motherboard. You may think that they will work on all variants of motherboard but actually its not. There are only modern and handful variants of motherboard in which these additional utilities run properly. I have faced the similar issue like BSOD. I uninstalled ON/OFF Charge utility furthermore cleaned the computer by the use of CCleaner, except AplleCharger.sys is at rest inside Windows/drivers directory. I think that manually delete of that file may solve my problem.

I think that for all your issue mentioned above you need to get format the Windows machine and re-install the OS. Then only the system asks for the proper installation of drivers using the motherboard CD. Make sure that you have compatible CD for that version of motherboard. If you cannot find it then download newest driver file from the gigabyte website. If you are using PCI based network card then replace it to different slot and then try to install its driver. Sometime the Windows might not ask for the entire driver. You need to manually do it using device manager. Otherwise after several reboot only the system recognizes the component and asks for drivers.

The BSOD caused in your system might be due to the graphics driver issue. You can update the driver of those controllers any manner using the device manager. It is not the hard task, you will just need a motherboard CD otherwise an internet connection if directly want to update driver from gigabyte site. BSOD probably caused by the failure of graphic driver or component.