Thread: How to get the Rev number of the Gigabyte motherboard

How to get the Rev number of the Gigabyte motherboard

I just necessitate illuminating my REV number intended for my Gigabyte S - Series Motherboard. I have GA-G41MT-ES2L Motherboard installed on my computer and I am now trying to find what my REV number is. When I looked in to the manual it says 1001, however I don't recognize if that denotes it is 1.0 or 1.1. I need a help with this doubt. I also want to expose what motherboard’s serial number is? I doubted if there is a further method, in the PC software to establish it, moreover via accessing Bios settings otherwise through checking several file on my PC. Is there any kind of files located in the computer to find out this information? I need this information I am going to update the driver. So without knowing proper REV number and serial number I don’t want to move on.

Re: How to get the Rev number of the Gigabyte motherboard

Actually it is not necessary to get the REV number in case you are going for update on Gigabyte. But some time it becomes necessary when you are looking for a particular update. The Revision number is written in white paint on top of the base left hand part close to the PCI slots lying on the motherboard. It is furthermore on top of the sticker taking place the exterior of the package the motherboard came in all along with the serial digits etc. one thing in keep in mind that if you are really looking forward for Bios update then ensure to make use of QFlash. Do not use @BIOS because it is not much safer.

Sometimes it becomes necessary to get the motherboard information along with its serial number and the REV number. Usually you can find this information from the motherboard manual or from outer cover of the packager which included motherboard. If this is not available then you can look into the motherboard itself. Between the PCI slot you can get the REV number and the serial number may be anywhere in the motherboard near the name of the model. If you are looking at driver version then you need to look into Device Manager>System Devices in Windows based computer. You may get most of information about the motherboard here.

Sometimes you necessitate some definite information regarding your Windows PC. In support of those times, otherwise in case you're simply inquisitive, there's a useful function called System Information that will inform you each and every one you have to distinguish. You can find it in Windows based computer’s by clicking Start >All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.
    • You can uncover information regarding your computer's hardware as well as software.
    • The information revives since you stir in the order of therefore you obtain the extremely newest system information like drivers, network, RAM, devices, display along with much more.

SIW is a sophisticated System Information for Windows implement that collects comprehensive information regarding your system belongings as well as settings plus displays it in a tremendously understandable approach. As your Motherboard information concern you will get most of the information. It can generate a description file (CSV, HTML, TXT or XML), in addition to is capable to scuttle in batch manner. Furthermore it is a detached service that does not necessitate installation (Portable Freeware) - capable to run the program straightforwardly from an USB drive, network drive or else on or after a domain login script.